Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Everyone needs to just quit being such Debbie Downers. Last time I checked WE WON! 1 game closer to a bowl game! It's the first game of the year so of course there are going to be some things that need wrinkled out especially with such a young defense. The way I look at it is that we're 1-0 and we're technically still in the hunt for the playoffs! Lol. Let's move on and focus less on being so negative about this young team (especially after a win) and more on getting excited for our home opener vs Virginia and staying undefeated!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If they didn't post their doom and gloom they wouldn't have anything to post.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Those fans probably aren't feeling as good as they were before their first game. We've seen this before from IU football, I have no reason to believe this year will be any different. Coach Allen was supposed to be this defensive guru. Fred Glass didn't even do a coaching search because he didn't want to lose Allen's great defensive mind. Well, look at the defense now. They're terrible. 

1 game is a very small sample size to say they're terrible. It could just be that they didn't look good against the RPO bc you have to play pretty conservative against that offense. Until we lose or give up 50 points I'm not going to worry and enjoy the fact that we're 1-0. It could be much worse...we could be hosting 2 big time top 20 basketball recruits from Indiana at our football game and lose at home as 15 point favorites (see UCLA)!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Everyone needs to just quit being such Debbie Downers. Last time I checked WE WON! 1 game closer to a bowl game! It's the first game of the year so of course there are going to be some things that need wrinkled out especially with such a young defense. The way I look at it is that we're 1-0 and we're technically still in the hunt for the playoffs! Lol. Let's move on and focus less on being so negative about this young team (especially after a win) and more on getting excited for our home opener vs Virginia and staying undefeated!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, wins don't leave any concerns.  Some of us heard this same crap when Crean was "coaching" the basketball team, and we ended up being right.  I couldn't watch this game since I apparently don't have CBSSN (or couldn't find it), but a win does not eliminate concern.

Even though the defense gave up some big plays, I thought they looked more aggressive than years past. Some defensive holding calls at bad times but they defender was there in position. Plus, I saw lots of good, textbook tackling. All positive things to build on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take the "w" but do have some concerns relative to both sides of the ball. IMHO Running on the defense and the offense moving the ball on the ground still appears to be a weakness. The O-Line does look improved and usually gave our QB's some time to throw. At times it looked like we were going to thoroughly dominate FIU but failed to really put this game out of reach much earlier in the game. Its the first game, adjustments and improvements need to be made, and I hope we see some move in that direction in game two. I believe most previews predicted a ten point IU win but that comes from folks predicting a 5 win year for IU. 

A lot of work and improvement needed to reach a bowl particularly with a very early read on Mary, Rutgers, and Minny in the BIG. I'm still optimistic that a Bowl can happen without a lot of injuries. (any update on Cole Gest? heard he was injured... anyone else hurt?)

Not a wow "W" but a win! Go Hoosiers.

Edited by VPC

Looks like Ramsey worked on his arm strength and throwing accuracy during the offseason.  He's improved.  

Last year this game was canceled.  And the Hoosiers finished the season with only 5 wins.  I have a feeling this win will be very important.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

Looks like Ramsey worked on his arm strength and throwing accuracy during the offseason.  He's improved.  

Last year this game was canceled.  And the Hoosiers finished the season with only 5 wins.  I have a feeling this win will be very important.

It was replaced with a game against Charleston Southern.

15 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I have a feeling this win will be very important.

I hope you're right! I didn't think this would be an "easy" win. Hate to see that we lost Cole Gest for the season, need as many fresh RB bodies as possible this season.

Go Hoosiers!

Edited by VPC