Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Are we going to blow a 21 point second half lead to frigging Florida International? Even if we do win this is not a bowl caliber team.

I rarely agree with you but I do in this instance. 

I will say it again.  If you are truly committed to winning you hire coaches not coordinators. 

Like last year, may be hard pressed to get a run over 5 yards from our RBs. Defense needs work but looks fairly fast and it's good to see Ball back 100%. Ramsey needs to make some more deep plays if he wants to be the answer at QB. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I rarely agree with you but I do in this instance. 

I will say it again.  If you are truly committed to winning you hire coaches not coordinators. 

Hiring a coordinator is one thing IMO.  My issue is and always has been that we had to hire a coordinator, with limited experience at this level, because Glass just looked around then said "meh, you're good enough" instead of doing his job and conducting an actual search.

Maybe he was the best option, Glass couldn't know because he couldn't be bothered to do his job in the first place.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Hiring a coordinator is one thing IMO.  My issue is and always has been that we had to hire a coordinator, with limited experience at this level, because Glass just looked around then said "meh, you're good enough" instead of doing his job and conducting an actual search.

Maybe he was the best option, Glass couldn't know because he couldn't be bothered to do his job in the first place.

Yeah there had to have been a more capable coach in Dayton. 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Holy crap some of you are freakin miserable people. Cheer up. We’re one win closer to a bowl game!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not miserable, just realistic. I have a hard time believing that any IU football fan came away from the game feeling good about the team or confident in the coaching staff. 

Not miserable, just realistic. I have a hard time believing that any IU football fan came away from the game feeling good about the team or confident in the coaching staff. 
Guessing MSU and PSU fans share the feeling. It is the 1st game of the season so I'm not that down on them yet. Defense was bad and clock management left a lot to be desired.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Guessing MSU and PSU fans share the feeling. It is the 1st game of the season so I'm not that down on them yet. Defense was bad and clock management left a lot to be desired.

Except for them a lackluster performance isn’t the norm. 

Everyone needs to just quit being such Debbie Downers. Last time I checked WE WON! 1 game closer to a bowl game! It's the first game of the year so of course there are going to be some things that need wrinkled out especially with such a young defense. The way I look at it is that we're 1-0 and we're technically still in the hunt for the playoffs! Lol. Let's move on and focus less on being so negative about this young team (especially after a win) and more on getting excited for our home opener vs Virginia and staying undefeated!

Everyone needs to just quit being such Debbie Downers. Last time I checked WE WON! 1 game closer to a bowl game! It's the first game of the year so of course there are going to be some things that need wrinkled out especially with such a young defense. The way I look at it is that we're 1-0 and we're technically still in the hunt for the playoffs! Lol. Let's move on and focus less on being so negative about this young team (especially after a win) and more on getting excited for our home opener vs Virginia and staying undefeated!

Thats a great idea. You do have to look at the downers though. The names you see will always be posting about doom and gloom

8 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Those fans probably aren't feeling as good as they were before their first game. We've seen this before from IU football, I have no reason to believe this year will be any different. Coach Allen was supposed to be this defensive guru. Fred Glass didn't even do a coaching search because he didn't want to lose Allen's great defensive mind. Well, look at the defense now. They're terrible.