Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It seems that we start every year with four or five certain losses, then lose a couple of toss up games, and end up scrambling to beat Purdue for a chance at a low level bowl game. It gets exhausting. Wouldn't it be great to have a bowl bid/winning season wrapped up with games left to play.

28 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We need to beat 1 of the big 4.

I am worried about @Minnesota and Maryland and Purdue at home. We really need solid QB play and a competent offense this year if we are going to win these so called toss up games. 

FIU shouldn't be taken lightly.  Butch Davis is a good coach.  They won 8 games last season.  They lost the statistical leaders at the skill positions on the offense due to graduation.  But they are returning a lot on the OL and transfers from Bowling Green (QB) and Florida (WR) should help fill the void.  They also have depth at WR and RB.  The running game might be an issue for the Hoosiers.  On defense the strength of the team is probably the DL and they lost a lot in the back end of the defense, but that doesn't mean the new guys coming in aren't talented.  They're just young.    

Make no mistake FIU can beat IU.  In my opinion I think the Hoosiers will have to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in order to win this game by 10 or more.  If IU can't stop the run this game will be closer than expected (Man, I hope I'm wrong) and might come down to mental mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

FIU shouldn't be taken lightly.  Butch Davis is a good coach.  They won 8 games last season.  They lost the statistical leaders at the skill positions on the offense due to graduation.  But they are returning a lot on the OL and transfers from Bowling Green (QB) and Florida (WR) should help fill the void.  They also have depth at WR and RB.  The running game might be an issue for the Hoosiers.  On defense the strength of the team is probably the DL and they lost a lot in the back end of the defense, but that doesn't mean the new guys coming in aren't talented.  They're just young.    

Make no mistake FIU can beat IU.  In my opinion I think the Hoosiers will have to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in order to win this game by 10 or more.  If IU can't stop the run this game will be closer than expected (Man, I hope I'm wrong) and might come down to mental mistakes. 

Agree. Dont like our odds if it comes down to mental mistakes.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hoping Ramsey comes out on fire and puts this QB issue to rest.

Dawkins leaving is a little frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Let's all hope he can stay healthy though! I would rather maintain that redshirt on Penix; but the new rule should help with that.

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Let's all hope he can stay healthy though! I would rather maintain that redshirt on Penix; but the new rule should help with that.

If Penix is as good as we hear do you think he will stick around for 5 years?  If he doesn't crack the starting lineup till Ramsey graduates he will most likely leave sooner as well rather than waiting 3 more years to start.  Don't think you can redshirt your #2 QB  

I have a good feeling we'll be seeing our fair share of Penix this year. Whether it's special packages or just splitting time for a change of pace similar to how Ramsey came in sometimes last year. Also don't think you can risk Redshirting your QB2 especially given the fact that Ramsey is coming back from an injury.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would agree if not for the rule change.

They could only play Penix when necessary and hope that it's necessary in only 4 games or less.

If it's mop up time and you just don't want to risk injury to Ramsey, then could just play a walk-on QB or Taylor.  If Taylor also only gets in for 4 games or less, then he could get his redshirt year as well.

If Ramsey remains healthy (knock on wood), then we could utilize the new redshirt rule to preserve eligibility for the backup QBs.

23 hours ago, Doctor Jones said:

If Penix is as good as we hear do you think he will stick around for 5 years?  If he doesn't crack the starting lineup till Ramsey graduates he will most likely leave sooner as well rather than waiting 3 more years to start.  Don't think you can redshirt your #2 QB  

This.  Talented kids arent gonna wait 3 years to play