Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Urban Meyer

14 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Suspended 3 games without pay

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Article I just read said Urban is suspended without pay till Sep 2nd and can't coach the 1st 3 games and the AD is suspended for 2 weeks.

That'll teach them

Edit: Just read another one that stated what you mentioned. So who's right???

Article I just read said Urban is suspended without pay till Sep 2nd and can't coach the 1st 3 games and the AD is suspended for 2 weeks.
That'll teach them

I read the ESPN saying what you are saying. That is worded really weird. I don’t know? At the news conference said he was suspended without pay for the first three weeks of the season. I don’t know if the without pay is retro to the time he has been off? Then he just doesn’t get to coach the games. That’s just odd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Meyer was an idiot for being too loyal to a guy who had obvious issues. While there weren't convictions there were arrests and from the texts obtained from the investigation Meyer's wife even alluded to Smith's anger/rage/drinking. 

====================================================================================

(b) At 7:35 p.m., Shelley Meyer conveyed, in a text to Coach Meyer, that “I am worried about Zach’s response. He drinks a lot and I am just not sure how stable he will be. Afraid he will do something dangerous. It’s obvious he has anger/rage issues already.” Meyer did not respond to the message.

In the course of our review, as the factual discussion in this summary reflects, we identified a pattern of troubling behavior by Zach Smith: promiscuous and embarrassing sexual behavior, drug abuse, truancy, dishonesty, financial irresponsibility, a possible NCAA violation, and a lengthy police investigation into allegations of criminal domestic violence and cyber crimes. Repeatedly, Zach Smith’s conduct was met with reprimands and warnings by Coach Meyer, but never a written report, never an investigation and no disciplinary action until July 23, 2018. While we do not doubt that Coach Meyer respects women and is dedicated to fostering an environment of respect for women in his program, his apparent blind spot for Zach Smith seems to have impaired his judgment and his management of the behavior of at least one of his assistants.

It later adds that: “Coach Meyer’s desire not to publicly discuss Zach Smith’s ‘cumulative issues’ may have been motivated, in part, by his loyalty to Earle Bruce, his mentor.” Meyer himself, per the report, told university leaders that “his decision to fire Zach Smith was difficult because Zach was Earle Bruce’s grandson and Bruce had been a close mentor to Meyer.”

I think Urban was negligent in following up with  Zach Smith. He needed to act way before he did. He has to live with that. He should have fired him when he first learned of the domestic violence. I know in the beginning it was all alleged, but he should have seen the pattern over time. I would like to compare this to Nick Saban. Two years ago UGA dismissed a 5 star player who was convicted of violently beating his girlfriend. Saban quickly offered the player a scholarship to UA saying he deserved a second chance. Not long after the player enrolled at Alabama he violently assaulted his new girlfriend. There was very little fallout over that situation. Was Saban treated differently than Myer? 

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

That'll teach them

He can coach all week but just not on game day. Wow, that is tough of OSU. Wilson, Meyer & Schiano, not the most honest coaching staff ever put together. 

During the press conference, Meyer never mentioned Courtney Smith's name once.  When asked what he had to say to Courtney Smith, Meyer answered: "Well, I have a message for everyone involved in this: I'm sorry that we're in this situation, and, I'm just sorry we're in this situation."

I'm still not sure if Meyer realizes who the real victim was.  Hint: It wasn't him, it wasn't OSU football, and it wasn't OSU's fan base.

Here is a link to an aticle by a Columbus reporter named Brett McMurphy. It clearly lays out the chronology of several years of the Smith marriage and Zach's relationship to Myer. 
&key=8c61f00f68f8c5431cdae143a00e1c3810c2f5a38a3f586c0352a757d628ec7b
He works there now? He was at ESPN for a few years until their great purge a year ago.
Fyi, can't see the link on mobile.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Pretty sure Brett McMurphy writes for ESPN still as it was his article that broke this story.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

McMurphy was let go by ESPN and is the Insider for The Stadium network now (where Jeff Goodman landed).