Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Urban Meyer

Well, at least O$U has taken one step MSU didn't and placed Meyer on administrative leave.  Granted, it may be purely for cosmetic purposes but at least they took that step.

Adam Rittenberg - ESPN

Ohio State has placed football coach Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave as it investigates the latest allegations into the Zach Smith situation. Offensive coordinator Ryan Day appointed acting head coach. Meyer statement: "[Athletic director Gene Smith] and I agree that being on leave during this inquiry will facilitate its completion. This allows the team to conduct training camp with minimal distraction. I eagerly look forward to the resolution of this matter."

Well he was placed on Leave, more than what MSU has done.

To me there should be an unquestionable zero tolerance policy for stuff like this. If you touch a child, rape someone, or beat your wife you should instantly be banned for life at the bare minimum not counting prison time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rick Bozich just tweeted that Vegas is now posting odds on Greg Schiano or Kevin WIlson becoming the next head coach.

I don’t see how Wilson could get the job. Wasn’t player abuse alleged at Indiana? That would not do well in light of recent events at OSU.

Urban could have simply admitted that he knew about the "allegations" (which is what they were at the time) but couldn't speak about it. Instead he chose to flat out lie about the whole thing and made it look worse.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

God, I would LOVE this. But their administration is way too smart to hire a coach who won 35% of his games in 6 years at another Big Ten school.

Not only that, but he was fired for abusing players. If OSU is serious enough to fire Meyer, they're serious enough to not replace him with Wilson.

Urban could have simply admitted that he knew about the "allegations" (which is what they were at the time) but couldn't speak about it. Instead he chose to flat out lie about the whole thing and made it look worse.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not to mention the Title IX violations for not reporting the situation.

1 hour ago, biteoftheapple said:

Not to mention the Title IX violations for not reporting the situation.

Exactly.  And even if Meyer should continue to deny knowledge, I've read his wife is an employee of the university so she had an obligation to report it per Title IX as well as the university's own employee handbook.