Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Offered today.    4-star both 247 and Rivals.   6'3" 170 lbs. from St. Louis, MO.  247 ranks him #36 overall and the #4 PG.  Rivals has him #41 overall.  Played for the Bradley Beal 16U team on Nike circuit

Rivals

ESPN

Video

From an Illinois recruiting site this past May:  

Love’s recruitment is still pretty early, so the Illini coming in with a scholarship now is a good plan. He currently has eight scholarship offers with that number likely increasing over the next year. The offers he already has on the table are pretty impressive as well. He has offers from the likes of Kansas State, Missouri and Xavier, in addition to the Illini.

It is fun to watch Love on the floor. The first thing that jumps out at me about his game is the passion he brings to the court. This kid is not going to be outworked, outhustled or out-hearted. He brings a fire to the game that will carry him a long way.

Love’s defense will also wow coaches and give opposing teams a hard time. Especially in high school and AAU basketball, the defense tends to be very lax. There isn’t a lot of attention paid to this aspect because it seems like players usually just want to show off their skills on the other end of the court. Love throws that stigma out the window. He is a hardnosed defensive guy who can shut down offenses.

In addition to his passion and defensive prowess, Love is a great distributor of the ball and he isn’t a terrible shooter. His game really reminds me a lot of Rajon Rondo. They have very similar styles on the court, and they can win you a game on the defensive end.

Not sure if he plays on the same team or is friends with Burnett, but he RT’d Burnett’s offer from IU and none of the other ones. Man, this staff wants some guards though!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haven’t gotten to see Love play yet. Will definitely check out CBC this fall. But I have heard 3 things consistently about him: 1) He is a great kid who any fan base would be proud of. 2) He is an absolute defensive menace. 3) Contrary to the article, Love is currently, in fact, a terrible shooter. To the point that he will turn down open shots. I’m looking forward to seeing him.