Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

In the event of an injury Green is mostly likely sliding over into the role. And most 4*s are not ready to start and compete in the big 10. 

We have our starter the whole point of this exercise is having somebody else qualified to take over if he gets hurt. More than likely we are counting on Al or Armaan for that. 

We just had a 4* come in last year ready to start in the Big 10. I definitely don't think we should count on it, but if we get one of these top 100 PGs that we're recruiting, they should be able to at least contribute 10 minutes backing up Phinisee.

For 2019-20, yes we're probably in trouble if Rob misses extended time, but if Archie lands one of Curbelo/Diarra/Hayes, we should be fine at PG for the 20-21 season.

8 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

We just had a 4* come in last year ready to start in the Big 10. I definitely don't think we should count on it, but if we get one of these top 100 PGs that we're recruiting, they should be able to at least contribute 10 minutes backing up Phinisee.

For 2019-20, yes we're probably in trouble if Rob misses extended time, but if Archie lands one of Curbelo/Diarra/Hayes, we should be fine at PG for the 20-21 season.

You said we shouldn’t count on it, but then later said we can count on it by then being ready their freshmen year. Doesn’t make sense

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You said we shouldn’t count on it, but then later said we can count on it by then being ready their freshmen year. Doesn’t make sense

It was poorly written. I meant we shouldn't count on landing a PG in this class. 

If we do land one, I don't think we should expect them to contribute at the level Rob did while healthy, but the good news is that we shouldn't need it because we'll have an established PG on the roster, unlike last year.

This never felt like a fit to me on any level. Now Diarra feels like a fit and assuming CAM continues to stay on ‘20 PG’s, I will absolutely be disappointed if that one doesn’t happen.

This never felt like a fit to me on any level. Now Diarra feels like a fit and assuming CAM continues to stay on ‘20 PG’s, I will absolutely be disappointed if that one doesn’t happen.

I agree and I think he is the most likely especially since someone from the staff went to see him yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just how much is Mizzou willing to pay here? That is the question.

Yes.... yes it is.

And not surprisingly Indiana was an interested school. It’s amazing to me how many of these money grab players Indiana is “interested” in that never materialize.

Preston, Bruce Brown, Brooks (cough cough), Thon Maker, Bazley, Garland, Bambi, Waters, Alkins, Mike’s Bridges, Lugentz Dort, Diamond Stone, Malachi Richardson. The list is so long. It goes on forever.

Then Langford and Bryant.

Lol. I included Langford and Bryant because my head isn’t in the sand.

“Shoe guys” “agent funded”

But, in many ways i hate the game and not the player. Not these kids fault sharks are in the water and money is available.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes.... yes it is.

And not surprisingly Indiana was an interested school. It’s amazing to me how many of these money grab players Indiana is “interested” in that never materialize.

Preston, Bruce Brown, Brooks (cough cough), Thon Maker, Bazley, Garland, Bambi, Waters, Alkins, Mike’s Bridges, Lugentz Dort, Diamond Stone, Malachi Richardson. The list is so long. It goes on forever.

Then Langford and Bryant.

Lol. I included Langford and Bryant because my head isn’t in the sand.

“Shoe guys” “agent funded”

But, in many ways i hate the game and not the player. Not these kids fault sharks are in the water and money is available.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Do you ever get tired of writing the same post over and over again?

9 hours ago, goonaha said:

No idea if he gets tired of it, but what else can be said about top 50ish level recruiting? It's a market, plain and simple. The FBI case confirmed what everyone already knew: Consistently signing top players is proof your program cheats. Full stop. You think Love, or anyone else, is going to UNC for the lovely campus, alumni network or academics? Maybe he's charmed by 'ol Roy's down home wit? Pfffft, these kids are getting paid and the pay scale = the team recruiting rankings.

It may be tedious to us since we're not getting paid and our team is way down the list, but you can't discuss recruiting without acknowledging it as THE biggest factor.   

No idea if he gets tired of it, but what else can be said about top 50ish level recruiting? It's a market, plain and simple. The FBI case confirmed what everyone already knew: Consistently signing top players is proof your program cheats. Full stop. You think Love, or anyone else, is going to UNC for the lovely campus, alumni network or academics? Maybe he's charmed by 'ol Roy's down home wit? Pfffft, these kids are getting paid and the pay scale = the team recruiting rankings.
It may be tedious to us since we're not getting paid and our team is way down the list, but you can't discuss recruiting without acknowledging it as THE biggest factor.   

That’s not entirely true. Fleek has been preaching from the mountain top about how corrupt it’s been long before the FBI investigation and many thought he was being over the top. Let’s not act like everyone thought it was as bad as it was before the investigation.

The narrative and story is ever changing and layers are being added daily.

This particular post touched on cheating in general, but also interestingly how many of these blatant money grab players Indiana seems to find itself in the “top 5” list for.

In addition, many of my repetitious posts had more to do with debating how dirty recruiting is, and a list of people that would like to argue with me about why I was wrong on my assertions.

The narrative and story is ever changing and layers are being added daily.

This particular post touched on cheating in general, but also interestingly how many of these blatant money grab players Indiana seems to find itself in the “top 5” list for.

In addition, many of my repetitious posts had more to do with debating how dirty recruiting is, and a list of people that would like to argue with me about why I was wrong on my assertions.

Were you just waiting on me to say you were right? If so I can do that if that makes you feel better. I am right more often than wrong. I keep scorecards too . DWS on the last part but you have said that in the past and I think that’s just a funny thing to say on a board.

But after a couple of years and every recruiting thread going down this path I would be more than happy to say I was wrong.

Were you just waiting on me to say you were right? If so I can do that if that makes you feel better. I am right more often than wrong. I keep scorecards too . DWS on the last part but you have said that in the past and I think that’s just a funny thing to say on a board.
But after a couple of years and every recruiting thread going down this path I would be more than happy to say I was wrong.

Absolutely not. I don’t keep tabs on who I debate with or who disagrees. I like the posters here and the back and forth.

My post above was just defending myself and explaining why “I write the same post over and over” (paraphrased).

Recruiting is most of the game. Winningest coaches are almost always shadiest coaches. On average the best players win. I love recruiting. I’m fascinated by the shade and crime of recruiting. Always have been. I’ve heard so many stories over the years. I admit I have a keen interest in all this recruiting stuff, especially the grime of it.

I’ve always wanted to know how Indiana falls into that landscape.

Sorry to derail a thread but it’s hard for me not to explain myself when being called out.

Absolutely not. I don’t keep tabs on who I debate with or who disagrees. I like the posters here and the back and forth.

My post above was just defending myself and explaining why “I write the same post over and over” (paraphrased).

Recruiting is most of the game. Winningest coaches are almost always shadiest coaches. On average the best players win. I love recruiting. I’m fascinated by the shade and crime of recruiting. Always have been. I’ve heard so many stories over the years. I admit I have a keen interest in all this recruiting stuff, especially the grime of it.

I’ve always wanted to know how Indiana falls into that landscape.

Sorry to derail a thread but it’s hard for me not to explain myself when being called out.

You are good man. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the cause of that. I understand. I would be the same way too.