Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archie continues to recruit 5-star point guards which suggests that he is not convinced that Rob Phinisee is the only answer to IU's point guard needs. Archie may even believe that Rob is not as good as IU needs to lead the team to real success. In any event, Phinisee was injured last year and that became a problem. Why not go after the best available?

Agreed. I think it's coaching malpractice NOT to have 2 PG's on the roster. Injuries, unexpected transfers, foul trouble, off the court issues- there are many reasons you need depth at such a vital position. Bringing in a high level PG every other year should be the norm, IMO. 

Agreed. I think it's coaching malpractice NOT to have 2 PG's on the roster. Injuries, unexpected transfers, foul trouble, off the court issues- there are many reasons you need depth at such a vital position. Bringing in a high level PG every other year should be the norm, IMO. 

Agreed. We are one Phinisee concussion away from our season never having a shot

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. We are one Phinisee concussion away from our season never having a shot

But Phinisee will play all 40 minutes of every game and every minute of OT if that comes up. Who needs more than 1 person on a roster that is a high level pg?

36 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Well they already will be for this year. They are still recruiting and going after other pg’s for the 2020 class.

Green is probably our back up this year. And love was the last guy that was likely going to be good to go as a freshmen 

Green is probably our back up this year. And love was the last guy that was likely going to be good to go as a freshmen 

That’s very inaccurate. Most 4*’s are serviceable as freshman. Also Archie has already stated that Durham and Franklin are the ones working as a pg right now and not Green. I’m pretty sure he will strictly be looking to score the ball at this point.

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That’s very inaccurate. Most 4*’s are serviceable as freshman. Also Archie has already stated that Durham and Franklin are the ones working as a pg right now and not Green. I’m pretty sure he will strictly be looking to score the ball at this point.

In the event of an injury Green is mostly likely sliding over into the role. And most 4*s are not ready to start and compete in the big 10. 

We have our starter the whole point of this exercise is having somebody else qualified to take over if he gets hurt. More than likely we are counting on Al or Armaan for that. 

I never felt the Love recruitment really had that much traction despite the fact he was supposed to visit this weekend.  Just felt like we were his fallback option.   I know he's a 5-star but I watched 4 or 5 of his games last season and he just never stood out as a star player in my aged opinion.  Onward and upward.