Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Wow, thats a surprise then. Most everything that I have read had Texas as a major player here. This has the feel of a Kansas get.

Talked to a friend of mine about Love ages ago who has coached in the Bradley Beal Elite/St Louis Hawks system for years. He told me at the time that he thought a UNC offer would be very tough to beat. But that was probably 18 months ago, so fwiw.

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I asked Caleb Love to decscribe his final six head coaches in one word:
Roy Williams-Amazing
Bill Self-Cool
Archie Miller-Passionate
Cuonzo Martin-Genuine
Sean Miller-Confident
Chris Mack-Consistent
@caleb2love

Paul Biancardi

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t mind passionate but amazing is kind of funny 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/top-35-guard-caleb-love-narrows-his-school-list-to-six
From his comment, it's very important to him to see who he would be playing with.

Would be shocked if it’s not UNC based on the interviews and comments.

Reading that Indiana synopsis is just all levels of sadness. We sound so desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Would be shocked if it’s not UNC based on the interviews and comments.

Reading that Indiana synopsis is just all levels of sadness. We sound so desperate.

Well, outsiders and fans alike might take a gander through this board and come away with that very impression.

Are we not?

Well, outsiders and fans alike might take a gander through this board and come away with that very impression.

Are we not?

I’d say we are. That was my point with the whole level of the program stuff a month ago. Seeing the recruits talk like this puts things in perspective. We are “projected” to miss the tourney for a fourth straight year despite being almost a top 10 program in all spending metrics, attendance, TV time, etc.

IF we miss the tournament, and I’m not at all convinced we will but it’s a crapshoot to me, we won’t project to make it in year 5 either based on recruiting projections.

Anyway, back to Caleb Love.

And sorry.

Corey Evans -

Caleb Love has been one of the more trending names nationally this summer and is now on the cusp of the coveted five-star rating. Two weeks ago, Love decided to narrow his school list to a group of six. After completing his time of the travel and camp circuit, Love has now scheduled all five of his official visits, sources have confirmed with Rivals.com.

A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Love is focused on a group consisting of Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Missouri, and North Carolina. In recent months, he has taken unofficial visits to the campuses at Indiana, Kansas, Louisville and Missouri, and, at one point in time, was expected to spend official visits on everyone but Missouri due to his close proximity to the SEC program’s campus; that will no longer be the case.

Thanks to the continued prioritization that head coach Cuonzo Martin has placed upon Love, the top-35 guard will use his first official visits on the in-state program during the weekend of September 7.

From there, Love will visit Indiana (September 12), North Carolina (September 20), Louisville (September 27), and Kansas (October 12). Arizona is the final program on the list that, though they did not receive an official visit, are working a date to host Love in the unofficial variety (for further understanding, official visits are 48-hour visits, all-expenses paid by the school for a prospect and one family member, while an unofficial visit is paid for by the prospect, himself).

Love has become a top commodity of late thanks to his toughness and desire to compete at the point of attack. He is a bigger guard standing at 6-foot-3 and just measured in with a 6-foot-9 wingspan at last week’s Nike Skills Academy, the swoosh’s top camp that he was a standout at.

All five official visits will be completed before November which could equate to an early signing. If that is the case, one school will head into the college season with one of the very best talents that the nation has to provide in the backcourt and is the type that should immediately impact a program for the better upon his enrollment.

Were we in early in him compared to the others? I have to assume Mizzou was probably in first due to it being the state school. Did we establish ties earlier than Uof6, UNC, Arizona and Kansas? Not sure it matters when dealing with most of those $chool$, just wondering

58 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Were we in early in him compared to the others? I have to assume Mizzou was probably in first due to it being the state school. Did we establish ties earlier than Uof6, UNC, Arizona and Kansas? Not sure it matters when dealing with most of those $chool$, just wondering

Don’t know about the timing of offers. But Martin is the lead recruiter on Love and was at pretty much every event Love played in. Not sure it’s gonna matter. The best St Louis area talent has barely given Mizzou a sniff since I’ve lived here. Maybe Martin changes that. The UNC smoke smells absolutely real to me. They’re gonna have an open PG situation and, while I’m not sure Love  is really a PG, he clearly wants to run a team.

Don’t know about the timing of offers. But Martin is the lead recruiter on Love and was at pretty much every event Love played in. Not sure it’s gonna matter. The best St Louis area talent has barely given Mizzou a sniff since I’ve lived here. Maybe Martin changes that. The UNC smoke smells absolutely real to me. They’re gonna have an open PG situation and, while I’m not sure Love  is really a PG, he clearly wants to run a team.

They will have Jeremiah Francis (former top 100 recruit) from Ohio who will be playing behind cole anything. But I agree, UNC would still be my guess