Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

tortex28

(2019) SG James Bouknight to UCONN

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Glad we made his top 5.

On another note, I dont understand why these kids keep using Tipton Edits. His graphics/pictures arent that impressive.

Think he does them for free for advertising plus Judging by leaks it looks to me like he’s leaking info to insiders. 

I want this kid bad tbh

4 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Glad we made his top 5.

On another note, I dont understand why these kids keep using Tipton Edits. His graphics/pictures arent that impressive.

Literally said the same thing the other day. Must be someone connected, or hell, maybe he's paying for the opportunity. Either way... yeesh.

Not too surprising since there seemingly has been a lack of contact between IU and Bouknight but he's down to UConn, Va Tech and Miami and a decision probably coming soon per Zagsblog.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/09/17/2019-guard-james-bouknight-closing-in-on-college-decision/

Not too surprising since there seemingly has been a lack of contact between IU and Bouknight but he's down to UConn, Va Tech and Miami and a decision probably coming soon per Zagsblog.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/09/17/2019-guard-james-bouknight-closing-in-on-college-decision/

Well darn! But this isn’t much of a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe we were lucky he didn't come to IU.

Police: UConn's James Bouknight had odor of alcohol following crash

STORRS, Conn. -- The UConn basketball player facing charges after fleeing from a car accident smelled of alcohol at the time of the crash, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday.

Freshman guard James Bouknight was charged this week with evading responsibility, interfering with a police officer, traveling too fast for conditions and operation of a motor vehicle without a license after police say he crashed a car into a street sign near campus and then ran from the scene at about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 27.

According to a redacted arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday, the officer responding to the accident had noted "an odor of alcoholic beverage emitting from Bouknight.'' He said the player told him he didn't have identification, tried to restart the car and eventually fled on foot when asked again for ID.

The car's owner, whose name was redacted, initially told police that about 20 people were in her apartment the night of the accident and her keys had been taken from a counter without permission.

She amended her statement Oct. 13 to say she had been drunk and does not remember giving Bouknight permission to drive the car but does not want to pursue theft charges.

The 19-year-old Bouknight turned himself into police Oct. 3 and gave a statement acknowledging his responsibility for the crash and saying he had been given permission to drive the car.

He is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 29.

UConn coach Dan Hurley said Tuesday that he learned of the incident the day after it happened and that Bouknight faces punishment within the program. He said he has not determined if the player will be suspended from any games.

UConn opens the season Nov. 8 against Sacred Heart.

"In the end, the biggest punishment or biggest fallout is going to be the damage to his reputation, the shame, the embarrassment that he has caused himself, his family, the program, his teammates, the university, all of us here,'' Hurley told reporters at practice Tuesday. "That's the shame and embarrassment of this whole thing.''

Bouknight issued a statement Tuesday apologizing and calling his actions irresponsible and foolish.

"But I intend to use this experience to learn from my mistakes and make better life decisions going forward,'' he said. A spokesman said the school had no further comment Wednesday following the release of the affidavit.

Maybe we were lucky he didn't come to IU.

Police: UConn's James Bouknight had odor of alcohol following crash

STORRS, Conn. -- The UConn basketball player facing charges after fleeing from a car accident smelled of alcohol at the time of the crash, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday.
Freshman guard James Bouknight was charged this week with evading responsibility, interfering with a police officer, traveling too fast for conditions and operation of a motor vehicle without a license after police say he crashed a car into a street sign near campus and then ran from the scene at about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 27.
According to a redacted arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday, the officer responding to the accident had noted "an odor of alcoholic beverage emitting from Bouknight.'' He said the player told him he didn't have identification, tried to restart the car and eventually fled on foot when asked again for ID.
The car's owner, whose name was redacted, initially told police that about 20 people were in her apartment the night of the accident and her keys had been taken from a counter without permission.
She amended her statement Oct. 13 to say she had been drunk and does not remember giving Bouknight permission to drive the car but does not want to pursue theft charges.
The 19-year-old Bouknight turned himself into police Oct. 3 and gave a statement acknowledging his responsibility for the crash and saying he had been given permission to drive the car.
He is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 29.
UConn coach Dan Hurley said Tuesday that he learned of the incident the day after it happened and that Bouknight faces punishment within the program. He said he has not determined if the player will be suspended from any games.
"In the end, the biggest punishment or biggest fallout is going to be the damage to his reputation, the shame, the embarrassment that he has caused himself, his family, the program, his teammates, the university, all of us here,'' Hurley told reporters at practice Tuesday. "That's the shame and embarrassment of this whole thing.''
Bouknight issued a statement Tuesday apologizing and calling his actions irresponsible and foolish.
"But I intend to use this experience to learn from my mistakes and make better life decisions going forward,'' he said. A spokesman said the school had no further comment Wednesday following the release of the affidavit.

I saw his dunk at his midnight madness. Golly Gee it was impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Unless he gets jail time which probably won’t happen he’ll likely be playing so it could still happen.

And there you have his 1-game suspension.  :92:

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And there you have his 1-game suspension.  :92:

Lol I thought I had read he had been suspended. My bad. Perhaps we will even see the dreaded first half suspension.