Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) SF Terrence Clarke to Kentucky

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I remember those days when I would get excited for a dream class. Never going to happen. But i say keep the enthusiasm.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve learned that a dream class is something that is retrospective, not prospective.

IMO we won't see Clarke wearing cream and crimson.

TERRENCE CLARKE TALKS ABOUT HIS RECRUITMENT AT THE NBPA TOP 100 CAMP

Terrence Clarke, one of the top class of 2021 prospects in the nation, is being recruited by a host of high major programs. He touched upon a few of the schools recruiting him, his game and much more.

Q: How would you say you have played here at the NBPA Top 100 Camp?

A: “I think I’ve done ok as I’ve tried to show my playmaking ability, play hard and show the scouts that I can play with anyone in the country,” said Clarke. “I’m playing guys who are older than me so I want to show that I can compete with the seniors too.”

Q: You are playing as a point guard a lot more here. Is this something you are working on?

A: “Definitely, I just want to be versatile and play one, two or three,” he said. “We are in an era of position-less basketball so I want to learn how to play point guard and be the best player I can be.”

Q: You recently picked up an offer from Kentucky. What’s been their message to you?

A: “With them knowing that I want to be there for six to seven months they want to develop me as much as they can,” Clarke said. “Player development is one of their main things for them and I can fit into their system.”

Q: What stands out about Kentucky?

A: “With Coach Calipari having the number of players he’s had through the years,” said Clarke. “His message was straight on and that was to come in for six to seven months, get to work and try and win a championship. I just liked how real he was to me.”

Q: Kansas has offered you and watched you here at camp. What do you like about the Jayhawks?

A: “Kansas is a great school and I think about somebody like Quentin Grimes who went there,” he said. “He is a tall point guard and those are the guys I model my game after. Wayne Selden, who is from Boston, went there, so they are definitely in the mix. They offered sometime after the school year or at the end of the school year. They want me to come in, fit into their system and be the best player I can be.”

Q: UConn has made you a priority for quite some time. What do you like about them?

A: “UConn’s great. Danny Hurley is a great coach and their style of play is cool. Everyone runs and has their time to go. Seeing Jalen Adams excel in their system was great. Also, Hurley contacts my coaches and comes to my games also.”

Q: Has Duke reached out to you?

A: “I heard from Duke the other day and they showed some interest,” Clarke said. “I think they were here and I’ve talked to them a couple of times in the last couple of weeks.”

Q: Tomorrow is the first-day colleges can directly contact you. Are you looking forward to this?

A: “I’m definitely excited and I just want to see what’s going to happen,” he said. “This is kind of one of those moments I’ve been waiting for with all of my time in the gym. It’s going to be one of those things on Saturday night that I will enjoy.”

Brian Snow on Clarke at the Nike Elite 100 event - 

Name: Terrence Clarke

Position: Shooting Guard

247Sports Composite Ranking: No. 3

Recruiting: Indiana, Connecticut, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Texas Tech, Syracuse and more

It was a little bit of a slow start for Clarke who arrived late, but by the final day, he had his game in top form. Clarke showed why he is one of the elite prospects in the country with his size and ability to score from all over. He isn’t the best jump shooter yet, but he can really get to the rim, is great in the mid-range, and then also is a very good passer. On defense, when he got locked in, he was tremendous as well.