Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

Upcoming season

This was probably the most mad I’ve been after a game in a long time. The PI on Fant still baffles me. The first defensive drive of overtime was so unfortunate. Did everything right to shut that play down, just had a few players overcommit and that was that. Not to mention our go to play call on 4th and goal for the game is having our inexperienced QB roll out to his left to throw across his body. Just like the Ohio State game a few years back, no call for us on an assault on our targeted receiver on the last play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Leshaun Minor is back on the roster. Story was his heart was not there and he was not giving it his all. Had a heart to heart with Coach....now he’s back....Grayson stover was given a medical waiver he will no longer play but will finish school at IU. So let the minor saga continue......he was not on the roster at beginning of camp so that’s why I wanted to relay info

Thanks for the update and explanation Lucel. I had been wondering. Had hoped for Minor could develop.

Edited by VPC

23 minutes ago, Andowen1990IU said:

With out knowing too much, I really think this is the best decision. Ramsey seemed so talented last year and playing him now sets us up for the future.

Really interesting that the grad transfer isn't starting. I like Ramsey and think he'll succeed. 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:44 PM, The Ola Depot said:

This was probably the most mad I’ve been after a game in a long time. The PI on Fant still baffles me. The first defensive drive of overtime was so unfortunate. Did everything right to shut that play down, just had a few players overcommit and that was that. Not to mention our go to play call on 4th and goal for the game is having our inexperienced QB roll out to his left to throw across his body. Just like the Ohio State game a few years back, no call for us on an assault on our targeted receiver on the last play.

Throwing across your body is when you roll right. As a right handed QB, it's actually easier to roll left and throw than it is to roll right and throw. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Really interesting that the grad transfer isn't starting. I like Ramsey and think he'll succeed. 

I've been to two scrimmages and I would have guessed that Ramsey was our third option. I guess he is the safe pick but no way we can beat MSU or OSU with him starting. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

If Allen and all of the coaches were confident in Ramsey we would have never brought in Dawkins for his grad transfer. 

Not true. We would have had 2 QBs on scholly.  We needed depth and competition. Coaches went out and got that. In interviews nothing was promised or given to Dawkins. They wanted a QB battle. We got a QB battle Ramsey won. Don’t see what’s so hard to understand. He out performed the other challengers for now. Also why is it so hard to grasp that maybe a college kid growing into his body putting on good weight and strength and challenging himself and growing abilities beats out a grad transfer and a promising frosh? 

I've been to two scrimmages and I would have guessed that Ramsey was our third option. I guess he is the safe pick but no way we can beat MSU or OSU with him starting. 

From the quotes from Allen it seemed like he would be QB3. "Doesn't have the passing zip that Penix possesses or the electric running ability of Dawkins"....but says he's "trusted." Its like he wants to play it safe and "play not to lose." The Chuck Pagano way....not a fan at all and like Chris007 said, we're not gonna beat the big boys playing him. Hope he can prove me wrong but I see the others playing more than Ramsey when it's all said and done.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

What's your opinion on why they're going with Ramsey? Do you think they want the safe pick?

46 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Not true. We would have had 2 QBs on scholly.  We needed depth and competition. Coaches went out and got that. In interviews nothing was promised or given to Dawkins. They wanted a QB battle. We got a QB battle Ramsey won. Don’t see what’s so hard to understand. He out performed the other challengers for now. Also why is it so hard to grasp that maybe a college kid growing into his body putting on good weight and strength and challenging himself and growing abilities beats out a grad transfer and a promising frosh? 

As I said I've only watched two scrimmages but just going with what I have seen. But from what I heard and read this spring and summer from Debord was that his offense is best when he has a dual QB. I hope he leads us to the rose bowl but from what I have seen not holding my breath.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What's your opinion on why they're going with Ramsey? Do you think they want the safe pick?

He won't make mistakes and can manage a game. He started 4 games last year.