Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Hoosier Hysteria - Sept 29th, 2018. Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm

3 hours ago, Ranger78 said:

I might be more excited about the start of this year over any other team in recent history (even over 2012). It should be really fun to watch. This team should make substantial leaps in improvement and it will be fun to watch it unfold.

I'm really excited but not more than 2012.  Multiple analysts that saw us practice that preseason said we were the best team in the country.

I thought we were going to win a championship that year.

Plus coming off the wat shot the previous year...I hope I get to that level of excitement again.

I'm debating heading up to HH, depending on if my kids get over being sick. What time would be a good time to arrive, I'm not overly worried about where I get to set? Thought about getting to Bloomington around lunch to take the fam to Mother Bear's, then heading over.

12 hours ago, Ranger78 said:

I might be more excited about the start of this year over any other team in recent history (even over 2012). It should be really fun to watch. This team should make substantial leaps in improvement and it will be fun to watch it unfold.

I'm not more excited for this particular season than 2012-13, but this is the most encouraged I've ever been about the overall state of the program since becoming an IU fan (I was 11 when Knight was fired so have not experienced any prolonged periods of dominance).

2 hours ago, reconmkd said:

I'm debating heading up to HH, depending on if my kids get over being sick. What time would be a good time to arrive, I'm not overly worried about where I get to set? Thought about getting to Bloomington around lunch to take the fam to Mother Bear's, then heading over.

I'm guessing that being there around the 2:30-3 range should be fine. Sounds like a great afternoon. Remember IU plays Rutgers in football at noon so anyplace you go will be showing that. I believe it will also be on big screens outside of Assembly Hall while you wait for doors to open

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing that being there around the 2:30-3 range should be fine. Sounds like a great afternoon. Remember IU plays Rutgers in football at noon so anyplace you go will be showing that. I believe it will also be on big screens outside of Assembly Hall while you wait for doors to open

Do you think it will be full this year?

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

Do you think it will be full this year?

Yes, I do. It's an earlier time. Plus there are fewer chances of seeing the team before the first game. Archie doesn't do an open event like Crean used to do with the Halloween scrimmage. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, I do. It's an earlier time. Plus there are fewer chances of seeing the team before the first game. Archie doesn't do an open event like Crean used to do with the Halloween scrimmage. 

Thanks Chris!

3 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I'm not more excited for this particular season than 2012-13, but this is the most encouraged I've ever been about the overall state of the program since becoming an IU fan (I was 11 when Knight was fired so have not experienced any prolonged periods of dominance).

My freshman year at IU was 1987. I've seen greatness and Coach Miller truly gives me hope that we're headed in that direction. I actually liked Coach Crean, but he never gave me hope that we could become 'Great'. I thought we would have periods of 'really good', but not long periods of greatness. We shall see how it unfolds. 

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can anyone find a link to the Dakich/Miller interview from today?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1070 the fan will have it up on their website in an hour or two. I just heard the first part but was pretty good. 

22 hours ago, Ranger78 said:

I'm with you. The 2012-2013 team was hard to beat for preseason excitement. This team is close. 

Inside the Hall posted the Media Day press conference videos.  Archie speaks for over 30 minutes.

A lot of good stuff, even if none of it was particularly surprising to hear.  Maybe the most candid he got was when he basically blamed some losses last year on having incompetent guards.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/insidethehallvideo