Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Hoosier Hysteria - Sept 29th, 2018. Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm

SIAP
'20 Ethan Morton will be on an OV for HH weekend.  With the recent NCAA rule changes, class of 2020 prospects are now allowed to take official visits during their junior years and again during their senior years.

I believe he will be on campus this weekend for his OV

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like to see basketball players doing basketball things. The other stuff doesn't do much for me and I freely admit that when it comes to knowing what 18 year olds want or like I am in the deep end of the pool.

Personally, I dont really give a what happens at HH. Everything the team does is either for recruiting, fans, or both, so please at least one of those groups and it’s a win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like others have said though, if you do it only for recruits (as some have mentioned) with a concert you'll lose fan attendance. If you lose fan attendance it won't be as impressive for the recruits.

There's a happy medium there. I'd like to see a known rapper perform but, gasp, I'd like to see the scrimmage too. I do like the recruits walking across the center of the court before things get going. I think any recruit who is seriously considering IU would enjoy that.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Like others have said though, if you do it only for recruits (as some have mentioned) with a concert you'll lose fan attendance. If you lose fan attendance it won't be as impressive for the recruits.

There's a happy medium there. I'd like to see a known rapper perform but, gasp, I'd like to see the scrimmage too. I do like the recruits walking across the center of the court before things get going. I think any recruit who is seriously considering IU would enjoy that.

I very seriously doubt if you offer a free concert by a popular musician that you will lose fan attendance 

This is one of the silliest debates in BTB history.

Fact 1. It's for the fans and recruits.

Fact 2. It's ultimately a basketball showcase and introduction to the team.

Fact 3. Players and recruits would enjoy some big stage entertainment and showmanship.

Not a fact 1. Recruits don't like scrimmages.

Not a fact 2. You Can't have both basketball related entertainment (scrimmage, dunk, 3 pt) AND some sort of musical entertainment.

Count me in the crowd that would enjoy more entertainment but clearly not at the expense of what the event is really about.

So......

Now let's debate WHO we should get to perform.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I very seriously doubt if you offer a free concert by a popular musician that you will lose fan attendance 

In all likely-hood, if all you want to attend is students, who hardly show up for a full game, then maybe you're on to something.

It is a fact recruits don’t like scrimmages. They have already seen the team play on their visits.
It can not be a fact that all recruits do not like scrimmages. That is implying all think the exact same and i can not accept that. Who cares anyhow they are going to scrimmage and this debate dont matter until they actually drop it from the program

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

It is a fact recruits don’t like scrimmages. They have already seen the team play on their visits.
For the third time, how do you know? What is your source? I have looked everywhere.
Also for the third time, why not both? Is there some kind of rule that can't happen? After all Hoosier Hysteria is also about fans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NRT137 said:

A lot of the fans don’t like the scrimmage either, a ton of people leave as the scrimmage starts each year

Seems to me that most of these early leavers are also the "real game" late arrivers.

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Also, plenty of people "leave" early to get in line for autographs after the scrimmage.  They could probably make that process a little better, somehow.

Yes, and a lot of people with kids, who would much rather watch the scrimmage, bite the bullet and get in line, because they don't want to miss out on the kid getting an autograph. 

For the record, I said I would quit coming if they did away with the scrimmage, didn't say I would quit coming if some popular rapper also performed.

Seems like Sampson tried to go that route (can't remember the rapper or his star power) with Devin Ebanks, Lance Stephenson and group.

3 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Don’t get me started on that. I can’t stand it when people arrive late to real games. I can’t see the game when they start to pile up

And what also annoys me is that so many write it off as a generation thing...but whenever I see our rivals' games on TV their student sections are at full strength at tip-off.   Hopefully somebody, whether students or Glass, can come up with ideas to break the cycle.