Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akinnaird24

Hoosier Hysteria - Sept 29th, 2018. Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm

Hoosier hysteria can be boring but that is reason they dont charge. It is more about supporting the team and showing recruits our passion. It is a chance for a early look at our team that usually means nothing but take the scrimmage away and it would be hard for me to attend

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel we should be a championship contender but not a favorite. The tournament is a bit of a crap shoot imo and this team should have some tools to contend.

I can see it. You get hot at the right time and right draw then see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can see it. You get hot at the right time and right draw then see what happens.

Yep all how our team gels and how improved certain players are especially devonte imo. Then if that happens and they are seeded good they could definitely contend

8 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

The Duke game will say a lot about whether we’re a real tourney threat or a second round team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know- last year's game didn't tell us much! I was quite encouraged after that showing, then.......

Anyway, it might give us a glimpse of potential, but expect/hope they'll be much more polished by mid-Feb than late Nov.

Edited to add: It would be sooooo sweet to see Dook get their @$$ KICKED at home though. 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Yes, if the team can develop the tough, gritty defense that Archie's teams were known for they will have a punchers chance in any game. Then, if a few shots fall at the right time...

I feel we should be a championship contender but not a favorite. The tournament is a bit of a crap shoot imo and this team should have some tools to contend.

We have a proven, undersized big and a lot of potential. IF Romeo lives up to the hype, Smith has a breakout season, our role players play their role, and, most importantly, a PG steps up to lead the team we can be a dangerous team. That's a lot of ifs. Our floor should be a top 25 team that makes it easily into the tourney.

I'm still curious what "recruits" want to see out of midnight madness though. Are there any teams that just have a concert and intros? Maybe we could get Ice Cube and the 3-3 league to perform...

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Fans coming out to celebrate the beginning of the IU men's and women's basketball seasons at Hoosier Hysteria presented by Smithville Fiber on Saturday, Sept. 29 will be allowed in Assembly Hall at 2 p.m. and will be able to watch the IU football game against Rutgers on the video board in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.  The Hoosier Hysteria event will begin at 4 p.m.

Parking lots around Assembly Hall and Memorial Stadium will open at 12:30 p.m. due to the Annual Hoosiers Outrun Cancer event, which takes place that morning and attracts nearly 5,000 participants.  If you arriving earlier than 12:30 p.m., please park in the Fee Lane parking garage, which is located at 709 N. Fee Lane. Click here for more information about the Fee Lane Parking Garage.

Admission to the event is free.

I'm not going to make HH, but if I did, I would like to see some scrimmaging. It's really early so I expect them to look ragged and agree it can get boring. Still maybe a brief 10 min stretch just to see Romeo, etc run/jump/shoot/dunk a little only makes sense to me. 

I understand what some of you are saying about the recruits wanting to be "wow'd", but in my opinion, this event is not for the recruits.  This is an opportunity for the community and fans to see their teams (yep, women's too) for the first time.  It's a chance to be in Assembly Hall, to witness the tradition and magic of IU basketball.  Any recruit that cannot appreciate the tradition and community importance of IU most likely would not fit in here anyway.  It's not like this is the only time a recruit will see what IU is about (coaching, chemistry, academics, etc.), as any serious recruit will take official/unofficial visits here.  The culture of IU is not one of flashy presentation, and we don't do that at basketball games.  Not sure why a recruit, who is here to get an education and play basketball, would not rather have an opportunity to see players on the floor, and a rabid fanbase going nuts for them.  

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Hoosier Hysteria is first and foremost a recruiting event. Like it or not, kids enjoy flashiness. This isn’t the eighties. Adapt or die. Villanova had Nicki Minaj at their event recently, Kentucky has Drake. Those two programs have won a hell of a lot more than IU recently.

People would rather stay stuck in the past than adapt to the times. 

Hoosier Hysteria is first and foremost a recruiting event. Like it or not, kids enjoy flashiness. This isn’t the eighties. Adapt or die. Villanova had Nicki Minaj at their event recently, Kentucky has Drake. Those two programs have won a hell of a lot more than IU recently.

IU has become a .500 program and making the NCAA tournament is basically a 50/50 proposition at this point. It needs to change.

Cool nobody said that was unacceptable. That’s you building that narrative. Nobody wants to drop the scrimmage which nobody else in America has done.

People would rather stay stuck in the past than adapt to the times. 

Adapt to what? Nobody has said they didn’t want rapper there. Other than that I expect IU to do what others do. If they drop the scrimmage cool. Nobody shows up. That’s a great optic for the recruits.

Show me one school that doesn’t have a scrimmage.

I plan on going to the event. he past few times it has been hard due to scheduling conflicts. The last time I went was 2012 (#1 preseason team.)  We had an awesome time! Waiting in line wasn't too bad at all. Tom Crean came out and interacted with the crowd. Would love to see the team and some of the recruits! 

I plan on going to the event. he past few times it has been hard due to scheduling conflicts. The last time I went was 2012 (#1 preseason team.)  We had an awesome time! Waiting in line wasn't too bad at all. Tom Crean came out and interacted with the crowd. Would love to see the team and some of the recruits! 

It’s a good one that tides you over until the season. Love that basketball fix.

38 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Adapt to what? Nobody has said they didn’t want rapper there. Other than that I expect IU to do what others do. If they drop the scrimmage cool. Nobody shows up. That’s a great optic for the recruits.

Show me one school that doesn’t have a scrimmage.

I don't really care if they have the scrimmage or not. I think it's boring, but oh well. People have opposed making flashy changes because IU isn't "flashy". I disagree with that. Just because we might not have been in the past doesn't mean that we have to continue that in the future. We need the cool factor to consistently land top recruits and revamping Hoosier Hysteria is a good way to do that. 

I don't really care if they have the scrimmage or not. I think it's boring, but oh well. People have opposed making flashy changes because IU isn't "flashy". I disagree with that. Just because we might not have been in the past doesn't mean that we have to continue that in the future. We need the cool factor to consistently land top recruits and revamping Hoosier Hysteria is a good way to do that. 

I haven’t seen anyone say they oppose flashy. I have only seen people say they oppose dropping the scrimmage. So I don’t know what you are talking about on this.

The scrimmage is what pulls in the fans. This event is for recruits. Part of recruiting to IU is showing how crazy our fans are and this being a basketball state. Hard to say that in front of 1k fans when no scrimmage is played. Hard to get player name chants with a thousand fans at most. That’s what I feel most are arguing against.