Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

Getting Rid of Cable...maybe

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

One of the ladies in my office has playstation vue and she says she loves it. Seems to have a pretty good channel selection. We are honestly down to choosing between YouTube TV and PlayStation Vue. 

Take advantage of any trial offers they have. Vue had an easy to understand on screen guide and an even easier setup for the DVR. I always got buffering with the other services and my network setup is on point here at the house...Hulu had an issue during commercials where the audio would lose sync with the video and then it would carry over to whatever show/game I was watching. After a couple of hours on the phone Hulu admitted that they were still in an infancy stage for live TV and there would be upgrades...I just wasn't willing to pay 40-50 bucks for a service that was still beta.Youtube TV never worked for me. Customer service said the service was available to me, but I had no service during my trial period. They said that for the time being , YouTube TV was limited to major metropolitan areas...and I never got a reason why I was told I had it when I didn't. Just beware with YouTube TV. It looked great though...just sucked I couldn't test drive it.

Here we go...so much for the cut cable and get the better deal for streaming without all the chords. They added 8 weak channels to bring the price up with the only decent one being HGTV. 

What to do now? That's a $10 increase a month and is basically where some cable packages sit with internet. 

Hulu is $45. Or DIRECTV Now is $50 but includes HBO for GOT...may start jumping around especially with sports heading towards a lull outside of baseball, hockey/nba playoffs. 

Here we go...so much for the cut cable and get the better deal for streaming without all the chords. They added 8 weak channels to bring the price up with the only decent one being HGTV. 
What to do now? That's a $10 increase a month and is basically where some cable packages sit with internet. 
Hulu is $45. Or DIRECTV Now is $50 but includes HBO for GOT...may start jumping around especially with sports heading towards a lull outside of baseball, hockey/nba playoffs. 
Who's doing this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Oops that would have been helpful to include :). Youtube TV. Raising price from $35-40 to $50 and trying to justify it by adding channels like Discovery. 

I’m in the same boat, have had YouTube for about 5 months and after this latest price bump without including anything that I actually watch, I’m thinking of leaving as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Oops that would have been helpful to include :). Youtube TV. Raising price from $35-40 to $50 and trying to justify it by adding channels like Discovery. 

I don’t get why it’s so hard for them to be like 

“Hey we have to pay AMC 3 dollars a month for each subscriber so we are going to charge 4 dollars”. And literally let you piece meal a channel list. 

I switched to DirecTV Now for about 6 months and tolerated it, but the streams could get out of whack and the DVR never worked as advertised. The price points also increased on me from $50 or so to around $65, so the cost justification I made wasn't really there anymore.

12 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Just saw this now. I guess I'll be switching to Hulu

I'll just say in my experience of having Hulu for a year and recently switching to YouTube TV, the picture is much better on YouTube. I really don't know why, but Hulu was always going back and forth between a very grainy picture to a decent picture. For whatever reason, YouTube doesn't do that and the picture definition is way better than Hulu ever was. Just my experience, but I'll pay a little extra for YouTube.

Also annoyed me that I paid extra for no commercials on Hulu, but almost everything I watched had commercials.

3 hours ago, BH33 said:

I switched to DirecTV Now for about 6 months and tolerated it, but the streams could get out of whack and the DVR never worked as advertised. The price points also increased on me from $50 or so to around $65, so the cost justification I made wasn't really there anymore.

I'm getting rid of Direct TV in June. The price will increase. Thinking of doing YouTube tv. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm getting rid of Direct TV in June. The price will increase. Thinking of doing YouTube tv. 

YoutubeTV just went up yesterday. Make sure it has what you want. I'm on the original DirectvNow 100 channel package with HBO. Was 35 last year. Going to be 55 next month. 

12 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Just saw this now. I guess I'll be switching to Hulu

We pay $40 for youtube tv, 4.99 for Hulu and 7.99 for showtime. Have HBO for free from ATT. All we need at our house. Don't really watch much tv in the summer anyway

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We pay $40 for youtube tv, 4.99 for Hulu and 7.99 for showtime. Have HBO for free from ATT. All we need at our house. Don't really watch much tv in the summer anyway

Same here. One of the things I like about these online services is that you can cut back at any time. I usually cut it back to the bare bones during the summer because I'm not watching much.

Just now, bigrod said:

Same here. One of the things I like about these online services is that you can cut back at any time. I usually cut it back to the bare bones during the summer because I'm not watching much.

Yes totally agree. Don't need them, should be outside anyway

28 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I heard a stat on TV the other that on average people who "cut the cord" spend as much on streaming services as they did for cable or Satellite. I can't remember which 24 hour channel it was on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have Netflix that’s it. And find other ways to watch my sports.