Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Count me in the no-black-alternate camp. For the football program I'm all for changing it up as much as they want, but would prefer to stick to the school colors.

The new uniforms look pretty good in close ups, but I don't know if they'll play well on TV. I don't think the sublimated stripes will be noticeable on TV except for those moments when they do close ups. I'm also not a big fan of crimson jerseys on crimson pants, but it's fine. I like the white on white look, though.

Kentucky, Duke, and UNC have all worn black alternative jerseys. I get tradition, but everyone - especially players - like to shake it up every once in awhile.

Don't know how I'd feel about a black alternate from the perspective of tradition. I get never changing or only making the occasional tweak. I consider myself a purist in many areas. Iconic IU is one of them.

However, one could also envision the once-in-a-blue-moon alternate uniform only serving to further drive home the iconic tradition of Indiana. You stay in one routine for too long, no matter how traditional/iconic/identity-driven it is, it gets old and loses it's meaning. When I see clips of the guys wearing black IU gear with red/crimson lettering I always find myself thinking how good it looks. I'm currently looking for a black IU shirt actually. But that's just one guy's preference.
Another good alternate idea if not black would be anything with the script logo.

I say let the football team experiment with the black and see how it fares.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Don't know how I'd feel about a black alternate from the perspective of tradition. I get never changing or only making the occasional tweak. I consider myself a purist in many areas. Iconic IU is one of them.

However, one could also envision the once-in-a-blue-moon alternate uniform only serving to further drive home the iconic tradition of Indiana. You stay in one routine for too long, no matter how traditional/iconic/identity-driven it is, it gets old and loses it's meaning. When I see clips of the guys wearing black IU gear with red/crimson lettering I always find myself thinking how good it looks. I'm currently looking for a black IU shirt actually. But that's just one guy's preference.
Another good alternate idea if not black would be anything with the script logo.

I say let the football team experiment with the black and see how it fares.

E69766EA-45A5-4D94-AE29-23D8EA341B2C.jpeg

345C2C79-1252-4695-8522-2E78C4D92ADA.jpeg

A7F53F7F-D1ED-493D-ADCD-10AC34E3BE3B.jpeg

Just my opinion, but I think our basketball uniforms are fine. I like the fact that we haven't changed them over the years -- I'd rather have that than a new design every other year like some schools do. I do, however, like the idea of wearing a script Indiana jersey every now and then. 

As for black jerseys -- in basketball, football or any sport -- no, no, a thousand times no. Black is Purdue's color. We are cream and crimson (or essentially, red and white). There's no black in the equation. Hell, if we're gonna wear black, why not wear blue like Kentucky. Or green like Michigan State. Let's stick with our school colors. 

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

The football team needs to do anything for attention. Good attention. Tradition isn’t an obstacle here. The only tradition in Indiana football is sucking. They need to throw out as many uniform combos as Oregon and some darn good looking ones. Red, white, black and gray. Whatever gets some positive attention on the program because winning is not something that should trusted with this program. If you can’t win, at least look cool while losing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Aren't you the guy that tried to argue that investing in football facilities is a waste of time?

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

It is necessary if they are actually serious in being good. And not hope for a bowl game good. Like 8-9 wins good. No reason we are worse than Northwestern and Purdue.

Well then building it implies that they are serious, no? Your logic is like a pretzel.