Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, schoosier said:

As long as OSU, UM, PSU and MSU are in our division which is arguably the toughest in America this year; I wouldn’t look for much success moving forward. I have been critical of our AD, but expecting success in this division is expecting miracles. 

Yeah not sure how to get the divisions realigned. 

The fans want the top programs to play every year and they don’t care which little people programs are in with them. So no help there getting realignment. And no way another program will trade spots with us

14 minutes ago, schoosier said:

As long as OSU, UM, PSU and MSU are in our division which is arguably the toughest in America this year; I wouldn’t look for much success moving forward. I have been critical of our AD, but expecting success in this division is expecting miracles. 

I disagree. We went 5-7 last year. We lost by 7 in overtime to Michigan. We lost by 8 to Michigan State. We lost by 3 to Maryland, and we lost to Purdue by 7. There's four games that were very winnable. Win all of those and we're 9-3. Just win two of them and we're 7-5, which would be a very successful season for us.

IU is right there, we just can't get over the hump. Last year we lost several close games, largely, imo, because of conservative playcalling. Sure, we play in a really tough division, but that's not going to change. We shouldn't let that fact force us into having a defeatist mindset. There's no reason why IU can't consistently go bowling. If the current staff can't deliver that then bring in a new one. 

No, but none of them had the Big Ten Network revenue allowing them to invest in facilities. We should demand better than a sub .400 winning percentage. It is Fred’s job to build a winning program. He has yet to do that in over nine years.

Which is what we are doing? Do you think IU is the only B1G university applying some of their revenue towards facilities? Well IU got tv revenue, nobody else is allowed to spend their money til we get caught up. It’s Glass fault that’s not allowed. Just craziness some of the things you shape an argument on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Which is what we are doing? Do you think IU is the only B1G university applying some of their revenue towards facilities? Well IU got tv revenue, nobody else is allowed to spend their money til we get caught up. It’s Glass fault that’s not allowed. Just craziness some of the things you shape an argument on.

It’s hard reading this board sometimes. I can respect opposing opinions, but I can’t respect baseless pessimism that ignores logic.

It’s hard reading this board sometimes. I can respect opposing opinions, but I can’t respect baseless pessimism that ignores logic.

Yeah that is what bothers me so much on his Glass rants in every thread. His arguments are so wide ranging and rarely apply any logic. It’s just complaining to be heard. Could Glass do better in some areas? Absolutely. We all could. But I mean someone could say there was a piss stain on a seat in AH. He would turn that into Glass is too cheap to pay for replacement toilet seats. String his @$$. Cringeworthy

I will say this. We’re spending money to “get on par” with programs that are spending more money to move ahead. That’s not going to work at a place like IU where we need every advantage possible. Doing the bare minimum to catch up to facilities that are years old and getting replaced is not the way to do it.

7 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I will say this. We’re spending money to “get on par” with programs that are spending more money to move ahead. That’s not going to work at a place like IU where we need every advantage possible. Doing the bare minimum to catch up to facilities that are years old and getting replaced is not the way to do it.

No amount of facilities will help us until we start making a bowl year in and year out. 

15 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

What the hell are you even talking about. I have been very clear why I disapprove of Glass. The on-field results speak for themselves. He has a decade to build a winning program and hasn’t. That is unacceptable. Most ADs at other schools would have been fired if they produced Fred’s results. I also think McRobbie is a huge problem too. He has no interest in sports and sets no expectations. He also took $26.5 million in B10 Network money to help pay for one of his pet projects. That money could have been used to upgrade and build multiple athletics facilities.

I'm far from a Glass fan, but the university president has other things to worry about than athletics.

What the hell are you even talking about. I have been very clear why I disapprove of Glass. The on-field results speak for themselves. He has a decade to build a winning program and hasn’t. That is unacceptable. Most ADs at other schools would have been fired if they produced Fred’s results. I also think McRobbie is a huge problem too. He has no interest in sports and sets no expectations. He also took $26.5 million in B10 Network money to help pay for one of his pet projects. That money could have been used to upgrade and build multiple athletics facilities.

A. No they wouldn’t be fired because he is graded on a lot more than wins and losses of football and basketball. That might actually be at the bottom of the list.

B. Why would McRobbie be a problem because he isn’t obsessed with sports? That is actually a good thing? The fact you pose it as a problem shows your true lack of understanding at the way things work and reiterate my point of how little you actually know on how things are ran.

That would be what in the hell I am talking about.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Were never going to have better facilities than our competition. If we ever got close to them they would just ask true or boosters for money. Were basically Japan trying to out produce the US

I don’t disagree, I was just saying facilities help. If we were on par with even the bottom dwellers of the BIG, we could recruit just a little better. That would actually help with results on the field

8 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Really? We can’t have better facilities than friggin Purdue and Illinois?

Honestly, it seems like a good portion of fans say they want our teams to have success but don't want IU to do what it takes to achieve it.