Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

Don Fischer: The Voice of College Sports

https://www.indystar.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indystar.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Findiana%2F2018%2F06%2F28%2Fdon-fischer-wins-first-woody-durham-voice-college-sports-award%2F742774002%2F
INDYSTAR.COM   Don Fischer wins first Woody Durham ‘Voice of College Sports’ Award Fischer called it likely the highlight of his career. Don Fischer is a 45-year veteran of Indiana University Athletics football and men's basketball broadcasts. He called receiving the award possibly the highlight of his career.
636657931711526965-spIUBB03-42.190626.jpg%26cfs=1%26upscale=1%26fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher%26_nc_hash=AQAAqgPPG9Rw44-r&key=7dbd5e3b3fb42058ed91633d56292f7bc77edd1b5268d47ec021cf642e61724a
Best I've ever listened to doing any kind of game.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

On 6/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, JHoosier914 said:

The one thing I wished is that I lived closer to B-Town to at least be able to listen to him on the radio since I don’t have cable anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Along with Tune In mentioned prior, there is a country station that will often steam games (sometimes they are blacked out). 

I do everything I can to watch the televised games with Fisch's call sync'ed up. He's had some good (and some not-so-good) broadcast partners but always makes it better than TV.  He's the perfect balance of being objective/homer, IMO.

BTW, regarding WHCC: be warned that if there is a broadcasting conflict they usually give priority to the WBB game. I listen to WXVW out of Louisville (via tunein) in that situation.