Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Robert Johnson - Polish Basketball League 8/19

Recommended Posts

Hopefully it will lead to bigger things for him.

From Rabjohns:  Former Indiana guard Robert Johnson tells http://Peegs.com he will be with the Atlanta Hawks for NBA Summer League.

 

New Info - The Hawks will compete July 2 thru 5 in Salt Lake City at the Utah Jazz Summer League then head to Las Vegas where 30 teams will compete at the MGM Resorts NBA Summer League from July 6 to 17.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

If anybody wants to know Rojo is playing on NBATV right now looks decent

 

Ooof. 1-4 from the floor, a +/- of minus 18 (the worst on either team), two turnovers and no assists.

This thing will not be happening for RoJo, but he'll be getting paid to play basketball overseas, he is a college graduate, and he'll always have a second home and family in the state of Indiana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

 

Ooof. 1-4 from the floor, a +/- of minus 18 (the worst on either team), two turnovers and no assists.

This thing will not be happening for RoJo, but he'll be getting paid to play basketball overseas, he is a college graduate, and he'll always have a second home and family in the state of Indiana.

And that -18 was only 11 minutes of court time and he picked up 2 fouls.  In the previous game he played 18 min. and picked up 4 fouls.  NBA level may be just a bit too quick for him to make it as a hard nosed defender and shooting was always a question mark.  I agree that overseas is his only realistic option unless he wants to bounce around G-League for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

 

Ooof. 1-4 from the floor, a +/- of minus 18 (the worst on either team), two turnovers and no assists.

This thing will not be happening for RoJo, but he'll be getting paid to play basketball overseas, he is a college graduate, and he'll always have a second home and family in the state of Indiana.

He just doesn't have any NBA level skills or attributes. He should have a very solid career overseas though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex B. -

Robert Johnson @RoJoJr  is headed to the Polish Basketball League this season to play for MKS Dąbrowa Górnicz.

http://www.mksdabrowa.pl/z-g-league-do-mks-robert-johnson-ma-byc-lowca/

Translated from Polish --

The second player from overseas has signed a contract with our club. Robert Johnson is the new player of MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza for the 2019/2020 season. The player will act as the thrower.

Robert Johnson is 24 years old and 193 centimeters tall. He is a graduate of Indiana College, where he finished the 2018 senior season with an average of 14 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists per match. He hit with 37% efficiency from a distance.

He then tried to get into the NBA, but despite a short contract with Milwaukee Bucks he did not play in the best league in the world. He recently made an adventure with the NBA Summer League, where he played seven matches for the Atlanta Hawks.

He spent the last season in the G League, i.e. the back room of the NBA. In the colors of the Wisconsin team, Herb played 47 times, scoring 7.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Now it's time for the next challenges in his career and playing in Europe.

- Johnson is a player after a good college and a good season in the G League - complements the new ward coach Michał Dukowicz. - I was looking for a player who would provide points from position two, i.e. the thrower. And definitely Robert is such a player.

Current MKS team for the 2019/2020 season: Jakub Kobel, Marek Piechowicz, Filip Put, Darrell Harris, Radosław Chorab, Konrad Dawdo, Iwan Wasyl, Tavarius Shine (USA), Robert Johnson (USA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlights from the article:

  1. "The player will act as the thrower"
  2. "He recently made an adventure with the NBA Summer League"
  3. "He spent the last season in the G League, i.e. the back room of the NBA"

I really hope this isn't the last article that we get translated from Polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alex B. -

Robert Johnson @RoJoJr  is headed to the Polish Basketball League this season to play for MKS Dąbrowa Górnicz.

http://www.mksdabrowa.pl/z-g-league-do-mks-robert-johnson-ma-byc-lowca/

Translated from Polish --

The second player from overseas has signed a contract with our club. Robert Johnson is the new player of MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza for the 2019/2020 season. The player will act as the thrower.

Robert Johnson is 24 years old and 193 centimeters tall. He is a graduate of Indiana College, where he finished the 2018 senior season with an average of 14 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists per match. He hit with 37% efficiency from a distance.

He then tried to get into the NBA, but despite a short contract with Milwaukee Bucks he did not play in the best league in the world. He recently made an adventure with the NBA Summer League, where he played seven matches for the Atlanta Hawks.

He spent the last season in the G League, i.e. the back room of the NBA. In the colors of the Wisconsin team, Herb played 47 times, scoring 7.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Now it's time for the next challenges in his career and playing in Europe.

- Johnson is a player after a good college and a good season in the G League - complements the new ward coach Michał Dukowicz. - I was looking for a player who would provide points from position two, i.e. the thrower. And definitely Robert is such a player.

Current MKS team for the 2019/2020 season: Jakub Kobel, Marek Piechowicz, Filip Put, Darrell Harris, Radosław Chorab, Konrad Dawdo, Iwan Wasyl, Tavarius Shine (USA), Robert Johnson (USA).

Can some smart computer programmer on here PLEASE slap some code together that converts all of over the top negative, jumping off the cliff posts into a "Polish translation" version? I'm begging you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex B. -
Robert Johnson @RoJoJr  is headed to the Polish Basketball League this season to play for MKS Dąbrowa Górnicz.
http://www.mksdabrowa.pl/z-g-league-do-mks-robert-johnson-ma-byc-lowca/
Translated from Polish --
The second player from overseas has signed a contract with our club. Robert Johnson is the new player of MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza for the 2019/2020 season. The player will act as the thrower.
Robert Johnson is 24 years old and 193 centimeters tall. He is a graduate of Indiana College, where he finished the 2018 senior season with an average of 14 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists per match. He hit with 37% efficiency from a distance.
He then tried to get into the NBA, but despite a short contract with Milwaukee Bucks he did not play in the best league in the world. He recently made an adventure with the NBA Summer League, where he played seven matches for the Atlanta Hawks.
He spent the last season in the G League, i.e. the back room of the NBA. In the colors of the Wisconsin team, Herb played 47 times, scoring 7.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Now it's time for the next challenges in his career and playing in Europe.
- Johnson is a player after a good college and a good season in the G League - complements the new ward coach Michał Dukowicz. - I was looking for a player who would provide points from position two, i.e. the thrower. And definitely Robert is such a player.
Current MKS team for the 2019/2020 season: Jakub Kobel, Marek Piechowicz, Filip Put, Darrell Harris, Radosław Chorab, Konrad Dawdo, Iwan Wasyl, Tavarius Shine (USA), Robert Johnson (USA).

I know this is probably as simple as an app or something but how did you get this translated?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yogisballin said:


I know this is probably as simple as an app or something but how did you get this translated?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I use Chrome as my browser on my laptop and when I opened the link a box popped up in the upper right hand corner asking me if I wanted it translated.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×