Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

13 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

He met with seven coaches in one day?  Did they set it up like a drive thru with each coach, sitting in their car, getting 15 minutes to plead their case ? Too bad Will Wade was not there. He could have said “I would like to order an Anthony Harris”, they could have replied “that will be $100,000” and at the drive up window Wade could have then handed over a Nike bag with 100k inside.

I'm picturing more of a speed dating situation. 

7 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Looks like a guy that wants to make a decision soon. 

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

UNC is hurting more at guard than we are. And he fits that system.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Does he fit that system more. He had signed on to play with Virginia tech one of the slowest teams. UNC has one of the highest tempos. Not saying he doesn’t fit it in other ways but if I’m a guard in college tempo is without a doubt something I am factoring into my decision. 

UNC is hurting more at guard than we are. And he fits that system.

Hurting?
Leaky Black- 4 star- freshman(71)
Seventh Woods-4 star-junior(48)
Brandon Robinson-4 Star junior(60)
Andrew Platek-3 Star sophomore(217)

Jeremiah Francis incoming pg that’s been hurt last 2 years but was considered a top 100 recruit at one time and is currently 165 on 247. He had an IU offer

They currently are the leader for the best guard in the 2019 class Cole Anthony.

That’s hurting more at guard then IU?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I tend to agree with fk on this one.

They have no guards that have gotten any  time to the degree that Phin, Al, and DeVonte have.

Of course Cole Anthony will automatically suck up 30+ minutes per game, but the others are all question marks at best.

I think there’s a downside to the  thought of playing alongside Anthony. In All-Star games he has been a black hole that never really distributes or looks for teammates. We’ve got some unselfish guard teammates in the offing. 

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

All the Rivals guys like Bossi have unanimously picked him to UNC in their roundtable.

Watford and Quinones were picked to Memphis.

Nobody in the remaining top 150 was picked for IU.

We desperately need a tournament run.

Or them to be wrong as they often are. 

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

All the Rivals guys like Bossi have unanimously picked him to UNC in their roundtable.

Well that’s just silly.

That roundtable don’t mean jack when Harris, Quinones, and Watford are on the IU campus during the next two weeks. 

They have no guards that have gotten any  time to the degree that Phin, Al, and DeVonte have.
Of course Cole Anthony will automatically suck up 30+ minutes per game, but the others are all question marks at best.
 I think there’s a downside to the  thought of playing alongside Anthony. In All-Star games he has been a black hole that never really distributes or looks for teammates. We’ve got some unselfish guard teammates in the offing. 

Good thing going for them is woods and Robinson will be seniors. Woods had an up and down year this year. There was games where he looked like he was ready to break out and be the player people thought he would be and other games where you didn’t even know he played in the game. Robinson came on strong and the end of the year and was a valuable piece to their success at the end of the year. If Anthony goes to UNC (with white leaving I believe he will) not sure I see another highly ranked guard wanting to go there if they want to make an impact in their 1st season. If IU played 3 guards like they did some this year then I see franklin and whichever guard IU gets in this class getting more minutes

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Robert Johnson was going to Virginia according to 247.  The most important movement on players is in the week or so leading up to their announcement.

Zion Williamson was going to Kentucky but then the check from Duke cleared.

58 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I wouldn't read much into All-Star games.  During AAU ball last summer, he had 36 assists to 13 turnovers.  He played on a very talented DC team and he averaged taking 6 shots/game with 2 1/2 assists.  Shot the ball really well -- 49% from the field including 13 of 24 from three.