Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

I can only speculate based on offers but it really seems we put too many eggs in Brooks basket. It really feels like we are scrambling and if Harris doesnt' commit, you can't feel great about Watford or Quinnes. Have to get an impact grad transfer and then maybe pocket the second schollie or get 2 grad transfers? I don't even know which guys we are in on. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I don't have a good feeling here. It seems to me the ones we're pretty sure we'll get, we get (Phinisee, Romeo, TJD, Franklin, Brunk). But the ones who are up in the air (Garland, Brooks), we don't. ... Plus, if he goes to play for Ol' Roy, he knows he won't have to go to class. 

I was never "confident" that we had Romeo until he put that hat on brother

I can only speculate based on offers but it really seems we put too many eggs in Brooks basket. It really feels like we are scrambling and if Harris doesnt' commit, you can't feel great about Watford or Quinnes. Have to get an impact grad transfer and then maybe pocket the second schollie or get 2 grad transfers? I don't even know which guys we are in on. 
I agree we put too much into the brooks recruitment and are in a sort of crean scramble mode now. Running out of options and still havent signed a shooter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If you look on 247 sports at his profile. Under the timeline it shows when he de-committed from Va Tech and shows his visit to UNC. Nothing regarding IU on that timeline. Its like these recruiting services intentionally exclude the B1G. Idk if it is in attempt to help the ACC and $EC or what

Roy wants all 3. Going to sell Harris that Anthony is one and done and keeling will be gone after 1 year. They are hoping the excitement of the Anthony commitment gets Harris to commit on the visit. If Harris makes it out of that visit without committing I feel IU will have a really good shot at landing him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like he didn’t make it out of the visit. A kid from ACC country that was already committed to an ACC team and wanted to place close the first time around was probably going to be hard to get leave the ACC when one of the top ACC program comes a calling. No matter how much PT iu had if he always wanted to play in the ACC not sure what IU could of done differently. Clearly a guy Archie liked but in recruiting it’s about who you get not who says no. Move on to someone else who wants to be a Hoosier and can improve the roster

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks like he didn’t make it out of the visit. A kid from ACC country that was already committed to an ACC team and wanted to place close the first time around was probably going to be hard to get leave the ACC when one of the top ACC program comes a calling. No matter how much PT iu had if he always wanted to play in the ACC not sure what IU could of done differently. Clearly a guy Archie liked but in recruiting it’s about who you get not who says no. Move on to someone else who wants to be a Hoosier and can improve the roster

At this point I think we go with Windham 

At this point I think we go with Windham 
Wjy not a grad transfer? I would think we need immediate three point shooting help. We have added zero impact shooters.

Just now, Hornsby said:

Wjy not a grad transfer? I would think we need immediate three point shooting help. We have added zero impact shooters.

Yep we have to get a good grad transfer. Someone in the mold of a Mooney from Tech. At this juncture, we need another impact guy that can shoot and I don't see much from the remaining freshman we might have a chance with. 

I'm sure he's committing to UNC....but can we at least wait until he commits before looking at contingent plans?

Ha. It looks like he's probably not going to IU, but would it kill people to wait another 30 minutes to figure out if we need to be miserable or not? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he likes IU. We’ve been a finalist twice. Had UNC not jumped in we may have got him. But it’s North Carolina. Championships. Jordan shoes. Sexy facilities. Sexy brand. Hall of Fame coach. Close to his home. ACC. Just too many things working against us.

We really need to look at Windham. The kid can stick a 3 with ease. We have slashing guards on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Don't forget spell your name 101

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk