Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

6 hours ago, Demo said:

It’s ok as long as it’s repeatable. A little like Trey Galloway’s stroke, but Galloway elevates more. Wrist and elbow are aligned. Ball’s off his palm. Ok wrist snap. He does have some leftward drift.  Similar to Robert Johnson, but not as pronounced because Johnson elevated so much. Drift creates inconsistency, it sure did for RoJo. I think the drift is what the coaches will focus on, wherever he ends up. 

RoJos shot drove me crazy. His feet never seemed to land in the same place he jumped from. Often drifted to left but also front tp back and also to right.

3 minutes ago, Jam said:

RoJos shot drove me crazy. His feet never seemed to land in the same place he jumped from. Often drifted to left but also front tp back and also to right.

As a senior Rob's shot was broken.  I swear half of it was the pressure of being the man.He just wasn't that guy.

8 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

People don’t like this but his 3 point shooting regressed under Archie as have a lot of our players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's just not true. He shot a higher percentage on more attempts as a senior under Archie than he did as a junior under Crean. 

That's just not true. He shot a higher percentage on more attempts as a senior under Archie than he did as a junior under Crean. 

He shot a better percent as a freshen and sophomore than he did as a senior under Archie and the same as he did as. Junior. Not sure how you are stating otherwise.

His senior year percentage was tied with his junior year as his worst

This was also the case for many of our players seeing drops in 3 point percentage and/or free throw percentage

He shot a better percent as a freshen and sophomore than he did as a senior under Archie and the same as he did as. Junior. Not sure how you are stating otherwise.

This was also the case for many of our players seeing drops in 3 point percentage and/or free throw percentage

I understand the numbers, not arguing on either side. I just fail to see how a coach can drastically change a shooters percentage. Unless Archie is literally trying to overhaul everyone’s shot to something they’ve never done, which doesn’t seem to be the case, I’ve always been one that tends to believe that rests mostly on the individual. Get there before stay after and put the shots up.

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I'm pretty sure that I've had this conversation with you before. You claimed "People don’t like this but his 3 point shooting regressed under Archie."

As a junior he shot 37% on 5.6 attempts per game. As a senior he shot 37.3% on 5.7 attempts per game. 

In no world does it make sense to claim that his 3 point shooting "regressed" under Archie when his percentage wasn't lower than the previous year. How do you regress by improving?  

As a sophomore he shot 44.7% from 3 on 3.8 attempts per game. It's not at all unusual for a player's percentage to drop when their volume increases. Any drop in his 3 point shooting happened before Archie became the coach. It's silly to attribute that to him when it happened under the previous regime.

I'm pretty sure that I've had this conversation with you before. You claimed "People don’t like this but his 3 point shooting regressed under Archie."
As a junior he shot 37% on 5.6 attempts per game. As a senior he shot 37.3% on 5.7 attempts per game. 
In no world does it make sense to claim that his 3 point shooting "regressed" under Archie when his percentage wasn't lower than the previous year. How do you regress by improving?  
As a sophomore he shot 44.7% from 3 on 3.8 attempts per game. It's not at all unusual for a player's percentage to drop when their volume increases. Any drop in his 3 point shooting happened before Archie became the coach. It's silly to attribute that to him when it happened under the previous regime.

There are a lot of cases of regression in terms of 3 point shooting and free throw shooting. He 2.1 out 5.6 his junior year and 2.1 out of 5.7 per game his senior year which is virtually the same, his free throw shooting dropped 5% within that same period.

Despite his overall percentage being much higher under Crean than Archie you can look at just the transition year and say it’s the same but I mapped out a bunch of players that had even more drastic drop offs and didn’t even include Rojo in that one. It is a fact that more regressed than improves in these categories and that is alarming to me and have pointed to our weight and strength training as a potential reason

Here's the OV that I think should probably matter the most re affecting Harris's decision. If Keeling pops for UNC during his visit that starts his evening, I'd feel pretty good about our odds.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Christian-Keeling-UNC-Basketball-Official-Visit-Preview-131410207/

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

There are a lot of cases of regression in terms of 3 point shooting and free throw shooting. He 2.1 out 5.6 his junior year and 2.1 out of 5.7 per game his senior year which is virtually the same, his free throw shooting dropped 5% within that same period.

Despite his overall percentage being much higher under Crean than Archie you can look at just the transition year and say it’s the same but I mapped out a bunch of players that had even more drastic drop offs and didn’t even include Rojo in that one. It is a fact that more regressed than improves in these categories and that is alarming to me and have pointed to our weight and strength training as a potential reason

My post wasn't about the other players, it was about Johnson, as was yours. His free throw percentage was a little lower as a senior than a junior, but he was shooting 2.6 per game compared to 1.6 per game the previous year. His senior free throw percentage was higher than his average in the three previous years combined. His 3 point percentage dropped from his sophomore year to his junior year, and then improved from his junior year to his senior year. If there are examples of players who regressed under Archie then use them, because Rob was not one of them. 

Cole Anthony just committed to UNC. Not sure how that affects Harris + or -.
If the transfer Keeling popped for UNC pretty sure that would have a major effect.

Roy wants all 3. Going to sell Harris that Anthony is one and done and keeling will be gone after 1 year. They are hoping the excitement of the Anthony commitment gets Harris to commit on the visit. If Harris makes it out of that visit without committing I feel IU will have a really good shot at landing him

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Roy wants all 3. Going to sell Harris that Anthony is one and done and keeling will be gone after 1 year. They are hoping the excitement of the Anthony commitment gets Harris to commit on the visit. If Harris makes it out of that visit without committing I feel IU will have a really good shot at landing him

Why wait a year. There’s PT to be had here regardless