Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Love love love that he started following Lester Quinones. 

If we ended up with both Harris and Quinones but not Watford that class would still be an 'A', if not an 'A+' for multi-year contribution potential.

IMO we're better of if that should happen.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO we're better of if that should happen.

Don't think I'd go that far - Trendon Watford is a special player.

Let's put it this way; Quinones and Franklin can both be threes defensively in college. Harris is a 1/2 Al Durham style combo guard. 

IF we got both Harris and Quinones, going into next year we'd have four or five players considered 'bigs' (Race, TDJ, DD, Joey, Justin), four players for the three who could swing up to the four or down to the two (Jerome, Lester, Armaan, Damezi), and four players who guard the one/two and play with the ball in their hands (Harris, Al, Rob, DeVonte). That's good roster balance. 

Let's put it this way; Quinones and Franklin can both be threes defensively in college. Harris is a 1/2 Al Durham style combo guard. 
IF we got both Harris and Quinones, going into next year we'd have four or five players considered 'bigs' (Race, TDJ, DD, Joey, Justin), four players for the three who could swing up to the four or down to the two (Jerome, Lester, Armaan, Damezi), and four players who guard the one/two and play with the ball in their hands (Harris, Al, Rob, DeVonte). That's good roster balance. 

Hopefully it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like this visit went really well. My guess is he is the first guard off the bench in year one and starts in year two and beyond. I think he will have more PT at IU early than UNC. Don't see Roy coaching all four years at UNC. But who knows lol. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Love love love that he started following Lester Quinones. 

If we ended up with both Harris and Quinones but not Watford that class would still be an 'A', if not an 'A+' for multi-year contribution potential.

It would be a great class. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes he is a special player, but I'm not convinced we need OAD's at the moment.  I'm sure in his mind, he's only  planning on a 1-year college experience and if that's the case, then we have to go out and replace him in '20 just like we have to replace Romeo for the upcoming season.   Don't think we're in a position (yet) that we can keep relying on landing the Romeo's and Trendon's year in and year out. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes he is a special player, but I'm not convinced we need OAD's at the moment.  I'm sure in his mind, he's only  planning on a 1-year college experience and if that's the case, then we have to go out and replace him in '20 just like we have to replace Romeo for the upcoming season.   Don't think we're in a position (yet) that we can keep relying on landing the Romeo's and Trendon's year in and year out. 

My ideal squad looks like Beilein's Michigan at the core and get that 5-star player to push us over the line.

Does anyone else think that Anthony Harris' shot is strange? After reviewing the highlight clips, it looks to me like he pushes off his chest. I don't know, maybe i'm imagining this. someone who actually knows something about proper shooting form, please chime in.

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Exactly what I have said. Trendon will be an all conference player in college. However, I think he is more focused on the league and good for him. Good if we good him, if not best of luck to him. 

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Does anyone else think that Anthony Harris' shot is strange? After reviewing the highlight clips, it looks to me like he pushes off his chest. I don't know, maybe i'm imagining this. someone who actually knows something about proper shooting form, please chime in.

It’s ok as long as it’s repeatable. A little like Trey Galloway’s stroke, but Galloway elevates more. Wrist and elbow are aligned. Ball’s off his palm. Ok wrist snap. He does have some leftward drift.  Similar to Robert Johnson, but not as pronounced because Johnson elevated so much. Drift creates inconsistency, it sure did for RoJo. I think the drift is what the coaches will focus on, wherever he ends up. 

3 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

so...what you are saying is his shot is good??????

Yeah, that was an overlong way of saying his shot works. Though the drift is a thing. I have a kind of pathological need to break things down. Makes my wife nuts.