Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

FWIW I think (purely opinion) that Anthony Harris will be a Hoosier.
Him and Archie are birds of a feather. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get him by Sunday.

North Carolina has Christian Keeling set for an official on April 23-25. He is a grad transfer 6-4 guard from Charleston Southern as well. Carolina fans are confident they get all 3 of keeling, cole and Harris

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

54 minutes ago, cleeter said:

IMG_0309.jpg

FWIW, have no idea if guy is credible but never hurts for some optimism

He was also one of the guys saying Billy Donovon was all in to become the Hoosiers coach .... so I'm not sure about his connections ...

Unc fans seem confident that they will get both cole Anthony and harris. Say they will play together.. idk if I buy that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From experience with UNC posters and “insiders” over the last 15 years I will say there isn’t a recruit that they focus on they feel won’t go there. I always joke about TrustInRoy from Scout. That dude was obnoxious. Every day on an IU board if something positive was posted about Zeller to IU in a positive manner he would blast it because UNC insiders knew all and they never seen anything positive in regards to Zeller to IU. It was that way all of Zeller’s junior year of high school and into his senior year when he did his visits. There were plenty of other UNC posters that did this, but not to the degree TrustInRoy did. Dude had over 40k posts on Scout in not quite 4 years if that says anything. Rivals was much the same. Haven’t ventured to 247 for UNC at all since it really wasn’t big at that point. I honestly only despise UK fans more than UNC fans.

UNC posters have good reason to be optimistic about recruits since they get more than their share of targets. You have to assume they are the favorites with just about any recruit when going up against any school except Duke, Kentucky and maybe Kansas. Harris could be an exception. We have three returning guards who started at various points in the season. But any guard who can shoot has an excellent chance at significant playing time next season at IU.

IIRC he was certain that Brooks was going to IU

In his defense, he was certain back when Keion was indeed coming to IU. When the tables turned towards UK, he even came out and said that he has no reason to believe that IU will land Brooks.

There is rumblings that Cole Anthony is announcing for UNC this week. Maybe this is what he’s talking about.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

58 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

From experience with UNC posters and “insiders” over the last 15 years I will say there isn’t a recruit that they focus on they feel won’t go there. I always joke about TrustInRoy from Scout. That dude was obnoxious. Every day on an IU board if something positive was posted about Zeller to IU in a positive manner he would blast it because UNC insiders knew all and they never seen anything positive in regards to Zeller to IU. It was that way all of Zeller’s junior year of high school and into his senior year when he did his visits. There were plenty of other UNC posters that did this, but not to the degree TrustInRoy did. Dude had over 40k posts on Scout in not quite 4 years if that says anything. Rivals was much the same. Haven’t ventured to 247 for UNC at all since it really wasn’t big at that point. I honestly only despise UK fans more than UNC fans.

My sentiments exactly!

Yep. I remember that guy.

Truth is UNC has a few upperclassmen who more than deserve to play. Brandon Randolph shot 45% from 3 last year, he has to get more minutes. Leaky Black is a guard in a forward body who was ranked pretty high. Seventh Woods has been waiting patiently. Andrew Platek is likely to see some time. Add in Cole Anthony & Jeremiah Francis as well as possibly Rayjon Tucker or Christian Keeling coming, I just don't see it unless Harris is worried about being ready to workouts due to his rehab. I have heard he may only take the 2 visits & try to decide by the end of next week.

Truth is UNC has a few upperclassmen who more than deserve to play. Brandon Randolph shot 45% from 3 last year, he has to get more minutes. Leaky Black is a guard in a forward body who was ranked pretty high. Seventh Woods has been waiting patiently. Andrew Platek is likely to see some time. Add in Cole Anthony & Jeremiah Francis as well as possibly Rayjon Tucker or Christian Keeling coming, I just don't see it unless Harris is worried about being ready to workouts due to his rehab. I have heard he may only take the 2 visits & try to decide by the end of next week.

Brandon Robinson. Harris only has 2 official visits left so he can take unofficial visits to the schools close to him

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

UNC posters have good reason to be optimistic about recruits since they get more than their share of targets. You have to assume they are the favorites with just about any recruit when going up against any school except Duke, Kentucky and maybe Kansas. Harris could be an exception. We have three returning guards who started at various points in the season. But any guard who can shoot has an excellent chance at significant playing time next season at IU.

I would consider them the front runner. Players will go there and sit the bench. Plus it appeared that Harris was more interested in ACC teams first time around.

44 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I would consider them the front runner. Players will go there and sit the bench. Plus it appeared that Harris was more interested in ACC teams first time around.

He seems to have interest in a slower tempo which could help us.