Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

Well I guess snow would be the expert I’ll just stop listening to Archie Miller then

Maybe Archie said hunter would play the 2 in his sophomore year but I missed that, can you share?

As much as you want him to, he is as likely to play the 4 as he is the 2 in Archie’s system. He’s as much a 2 as was Troy Williams. Williams brought the ball up the court and created at times be he was no more a 2 than Hunter is or as you think he will miraculously be in 15 months. It will take a lot for him to guard a lot of quick 2 guards in college. 15 months, 51 months, it doesn’t matter, he will have a lot of trouble staying in front of quicker players

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Maybe Archie said hunter would play the 2 in his sophomore year but I missed that, can you share?

As much as you want him to, he is as likely to play the 4 as he is the 2 in Archie’s system. He’s as much a 2 as was Troy Williams. Williams brought the ball up the court and created at times be he was no more a 2 than Hunter is or as you think he will miraculously be in 15 months. It will take a lot for him to guard a lot of quick 2 guards in college. 15 months, 51 months, it doesn’t matter, he will have a lot of trouble staying in front of quicker players

Cant find the article where archie talked about it. But recently insidethehall talked about Hunter working on his ball handling so he could play the 2

Funny reading that a 2 by some definition of people has to have some mad dribbling skills. I don’t remember Gary Harris fitting that profile by a long shot and he turned out to be a pretty decent 2. I’m with Brass on this. I think Damezi and Hunter can both play that position as long as they’re hitting shots. 

Last winter on the Mind Your Banners podcast, Snow told Osterman that the staff thought Hunter could play the 2 but Snow thought that was a long shot. I can see both sides: his size and skill makes him a tantalizing prospect there, but the speed, defense, and ball-handling may be challenges.

Yeah, if he can shoot I don't see that as a big problem. I think back to JBJ. All he could do was shoot. Slow to the rack and definitely a liability on defence. That is not the case with Hunter from what I've seen from his tapes. BUT, we all know about those mix tapes lol!

Yeah, if he can shoot I don't see that as a big problem. I think back to JBJ. All he could do was shoot. Slow to the rack and definitely a liability on defence. That is not the case with Hunter from what I've seen from his tapes. BUT, we all know about those mix tapes lol!

Hunter is not exactly fast/quick and at his size, I don’t think he will be able to stay in front of many 2 guards on the peremeter/open court

On 9/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, MikeRoberts said:

Hunter is not exactly fast/quick and at his size, I don’t think he will be able to stay in front of many 2 guards on the peremeter/open court

Did a pretty good job banging with Romeo in the scrimmage at HH!

3 hours ago, 8bucks said:

IMG_0442.jpg

He met with seven coaches in one day?  Did they set it up like a drive thru with each coach, sitting in their car, getting 15 minutes to plead their case ? Too bad Will Wade was not there. He could have said “I would like to order an Anthony Harris”, they could have replied “that will be $100,000” and at the drive up window Wade could have then handed over a Nike bag with 100k inside.