Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) CG - Anthony Harris to North Carolina

Then we probably aren’t going to get Brooks since he wants to be a ball handler. 
Archie and Hunter have both spoken about Hunter playing the 2. So kind of a bold declaration  

Playing the 2 these guys will have to guard the 2 spot as well and that will be the hardest part of bigger wings playing the 2. I have no doubt hunter and Anderson could fill and play the 2 in spots but if your relying on them getting the main minutes at the 2, that would be a gamble in my opinion. I could pay off or it could be a disaster on the defensive side of things. Time will tell. Plenty of time to figure all of this out. Luckily it’s only Aug 8th, 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

43 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Then we probably aren’t going to get Brooks since he wants to be a ball handler. 

Archie and Hunter have both spoken about Hunter playing the 2. So kind of a bold declaration  

Coaches find ways to make these things work. I mean look at UK and Duke every year. They bring in lots of 5 star talent and everyone wants to have the ball in their hand. Not something I necessarily want to emulate but my point is IU and Archie could sell this to make it work since its hardly that connundrum. 

20 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Coaches find ways to make these things work. I mean look at UK and Duke every year. They bring in lots of 5 star talent and everyone wants to have the ball in their hand. Not something I necessarily want to emulate but my point is IU and Archie could sell this to make it work since its hardly that connundrum. 

Yes I’m sure they were all sold on being the man, playing time, parents jobs, cars and money. Just ask the disgruntled Duke player. If a top recruit is worried about PT, I’m not sure they’re Indiana material. No knock against Carton, but Arch will play the best players to win now. A top recruit shouldn’t be worried about that.

Well, the season isn’t too far out so we shall see. Unless he strictly plays spot minutes at the 2 behind Romeo I don’t know what scenario he would play the 2 in?

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This would be 2019 he would play the 2

Snow said in his column today that staff wants 2 guards in this class because they feel they are short on guards. 

He specifically stated IU currently has 4 guards on the roster, with 1 being Romeo.

That leaves 3 guards for next year’s class. This is why we need more guard options for 19’.

Snow slotted Damezi and Hunter at the 3 spot for this year and didn’t say anything about them being shooting guards for the 19 season.

37 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Snow said in his column today that staff wants 2 guards in this class because they feel they are short on guards. 

He specifically stated IU currently has 4 guards on the roster, with 1 being Romeo.

That leaves 3 guards for next year’s class. This is why we need more guard options for 19’.

Snow slotted Damezi and Hunter at the 3 spot for this year and didn’t say anything about them being shooting guards for the 19 season.

Well I guess snow would be the expert I’ll just stop listening to Archie Miller then

Well I guess snow would be the expert I’ll just stop listening to Archie Miller then

Love or hate Snow but he is well connected with Archie and his staff. On his weekly reports he has written about kids not on radar and to watch closely and expect an offer soon and each time he has been right. The plan might be for hunter to develop into a 2 but who knows if that will actually end up happening.

Not denying that Jerome isn’t ready to play the 2 atm. But he was able to run point for his high school team so the skill sets are there.  With Schillings history of developing guards and the way the NBA is going these guys want to further those abilities. 

The issue was about playing time. I believe after another 15 months that Jerome or Brooks is more likely to start at the 2. Than a freshmen combo guard. The 2-4 in Archie’s system are pretty similar as is and with Hunters shooting ability it’s not a huge stretch for him to play the 2. Especially with a pure PG like Phinisee probably running the show  

Imagine a lineup of

Phinisee/Brooks/Smith/????/TJD  or

Phinisee/Hunter/Smith/????/TJD

Thats a dangerous lineup  regardless who you plug in for ????