Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TXHoosierDaddy

Jonathan Stiever - Chicago White Sox Org

5 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Stiever drafted in the 5th round by the White Sox pick 138. That will likely be too tempting of a signing bonus to pass up so he's gone. Good to see one Hoosier go early on. 

Yes. Stiever is gone by being drafted that high which I predicted all along. I didn't expect him that high but with his velocity did expect him somewhere in first 20 rounds which is hard to pass up. Also Miller and Lloyd will go somewhere high enough to not be back I think. We will see on Fineman and Milto who I expect could go late but may be back. Also Sabol and Sowers could be drafted late and hope for their sake they are since they are seniors. Expect everyone else back and undrafted but we will see.

I expect Gorski to lead team (and be drafted high next year but not eligible this year) and be a potential Big Ten Player of Year and All American next year. He is the one non-pitcher who is developing as well as I could hope with this staff despite lemonis' player development issues.    

Also I don't expect any coaching staff changes unless someone leaves on their own (I have a very strong hunch on this).  

Stiever dominates in sweep-clinching win over Keys: https://www.milb.com/winston-salem/news/stiever-dominates-in-sweep-clinching-win-over-keys/c-308919106

Jonathan Stiever was nearly flawless across seven scoreless innings on Tuesday night at BB&T Ballpark, leading the Dash to a 2-0 victory and a series sweep over the Frederick Keys. 

In his fourth start in the Dash (9-11, 47-37) purple, Stiever (2-2, 2.08) delivered his strongest outing. The former fifth-round pick tossed seven scoreless frames while allowing just three hits, striking out six and walking just one batter. It was the fourth straight quality start for Stiever. 

Former Indiana University baseball standout RHP Jonathan Stiever was added to the Chicago White Sox 60-man roster on Tuesday, the organization announced.

Stiever is the seventh Hoosier to be named to 60-man rosters across Major League Baseball, joining LHP Caleb Baragar and OF Alex Dickerson with the San Francisco Giants, OF Kyle Schwarber and C Josh Phegley with the Chicago Cubs, LHP Kyle Hart for the Boston Red Sox and RHP Aaron Slegers for the Tampa Bay Rays.

The 2020 season will be played with a unique set of rules in regard to rosters. The 30 Major League Baseball teams submitted rosters and can have up to 60 players for "Spring Training" in preparation for the 2020 season.

Up to 30 players will break "camp" with the team while the remainder will make up a "taxi squad" that will play scrimmages throughout the regular season and can be called up at any time.

The 2020 MLB season will be comprised of 60 games and is slated to get underway on July 23.

To follow along with all 22 former Hoosiers currently playing in professional baseball, be sure to check our "Hoosiers in the Pros" page.