Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2018 Indiana vs Kentucky All-Star Series

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Romeo and Damezi 0-10 from three. And apparently still zero defense

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not a great showing by the IU guys at all. Hopefully, last night was a reality check and they bring a more competitive attitude tonight.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well last night sucked.  

8435731.jpg

Well, I figured out what FD means, but what is AA and DA, and where the hell is the deflections column?

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

What happened these last two years. God we better win tonight

I think Indiana usually has a tremendous size advantage in quality bigs.  

Our only non-guard/wing last night played 7 mins.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I get that, but on paper we should have wiped the floor with them. Not going to overreact about it because the kids are having fun, but I’d rather them have fun by smoking teams like this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm amazed Steph Curry bounced back from his devastating loss to team LeBron in the NBA All-Star game this year. He gave up 148 points; where was the pride?

2 hours ago, goonaha said:

Nothing better than over analyzing an ALL STAR game.

I get that, but for a lot of years this series was the high school version of IU vs Kentucky and it meant something to both sides. I'm sure the older guys living in Indiana remember how it was. Maybe these games are a casualty of the changing landscape of basketball, but once upon a time this was not just an all-star game.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Oh well. Maybe the three recruits just want to be on campus so bad that everything else is irrelevant

They all played decent against the Juniors, and typically, Indiana's Juniors are better than Kentucky's Seniors. 

Certainly a mental lapse.

I get that, but for a lot of years this series was the high school version of IU vs Kentucky and it meant something to both sides. I'm sure the older guys living in Indiana remember how it was. Maybe these games are a casualty of the changing landscape of basketball, but once upon a time this was not just an all-star game.

I agree at one time it definitely meant more. I think as time as gone on it just isn’t as important as a whole as it used to be. Most these kids are enrolling into summer classes at their colleges as early as next week. My guess back in the day they didn’t report early and have a summer program to attend. In recent years kids have skipped the all star game just to go to college early. Maybe if the Kentucky/IU series picks back up then it becomes more important but to me it just seems like a great weekend for these kids to hangout together. I’m guessing they were more invested on who won in Fortnite after the game then they were on the basketball game itself

Romeo and Damezi 0-10 from three. And apparently still zero defense

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I was there.
We came out lackadaisical and showed no heart what so ever.
Ky had two guys thst were extremely quick and once they got in the lane it was over.No interior size to stop layups and when we collapsed they were nailing 3s.
Romeo seemed totally disinterested.Phinessee played hard and rebounded in traffic well.Anderson was a total non factor offensively but looks like he could become a good defender with his length and instincts.

I was there.
We came out lackadaisical and showed no heart what so ever.
Ky had two guys thst were extremely quick and once they got in the lane it was over.No interior size to stop layups and when we collapsed they were nailing 3s.
Romeo seemed totally disinterested.Phinessee played hard and rebounded in traffic well.Anderson was a total non factor offensively but looks like he could become a good defender with his length and instincts.

Much better tonight. 36-17 currently. Romeo doing Romeo things. He had some words with a Kentucky kid who fouled him hard in the air on a fast break. By that time they'd been dunked on x3 and he wasn't giving us another one.

We're 15/25 from the field with 9 assists. Advantage on the glass, 18-11.