Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) PF - Zeke Nnaji to Arizona

22 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Several CBs for UK....could we expect a commit to Kensucky very soon? If so, I think that takes them out of the hunt for Brooks I'd assume. I've always felt it was a 2 team race between IU and MSU anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Judging by the offer and the soon to be top six of Brooks sounds like Brooks has told them they are out

Zagoria -

Zeke Nnaji, the 6-foot-11 power forward from Hopkins (MN) and D1 Minnesota, was among a loaded group of recruits at Kansas this weekend for “Late Night in the Phog.”  “It was a really good visit with Coach [Bill] Self and his staff,” said Apham Nnaji, Zeke’s father.Kansas would ultimately love to add Nnaji in a frontcourt group that also includes targets Matthew Hurt and Jeremiah Robinson-Earl. Hurt and Nnaji are AAU teammates.  “They see him, Hurt and Robinson-Earl co-existing and really doing well,” Apham said.  “Just like [Andrew] Wiggins and [Joel] Embiid did.”  Nnaji recently had home visits with a slew of schools, including Kansas, Arizona, Kansas State, Indiana, Ohio State, Kentucky, Georgetown, Baylor, Minnesota and UCLA.  On Monday, he is poised to announce his final five schools.  From there, the family will set its schedule of official visits.  “We want to go through this process,” Apham said recently.  “By end of September, he’s going to cut his list down to five and those are the five official visits that he’s going to take in October and early November. Then towards the end of November he’s going to decide where he’s going to go because the high school season starts Dec. 1 and he wants to get that over with.”

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alex Bozich:   Top five for Zeke Nnaji: Arizona, Baylor, UCLA, Kansas and Purdue:

Either Painter has gotten dirty or dirty coaches are suggesting to include them to make the recruitment look less shady 

23 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And Stewart. But yeah, I believe all of our other partial targets have turned their attention elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I could be wrong, but I think in many of these cases it’s Archie who has turned his attention elsewhere. I think Archie is expecting 3 in the Fall and is all in on TJD and Brooks to finish the class. 

I don’t want to sound like a homer, but I really don’t think all these guys IU showed interest to in the Spring and early summer weren’t interested, I think things narrowed for IU’s staff coming out of the summer, especially as TJD and Brooks became much more possible. 

I could be wrong, but I think in many of these cases it’s Archie who has turned his attention elsewhere. I think Archie is expecting 3 in the Fall and is all in on TJD and Brooks to finish the class. 
I don’t want to sound like a homer, but I really don’t think all these guys IU showed interest to in the Spring and early summer weren’t interested, I think things narrowed for IU’s staff coming out of the summer, especially as TJD and Brooks became much more possible. 

Does seem that way. I am strongly leaning that way too. Poor phrasing by me admittedly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app