Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) PF - Zeke Nnaji to Arizona

32 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

If we get this guy, I'd have to imagine the package of Brooks and TJD would be pretty unlikely.

Still probable we get at least one of them, but probably not both in addition to Nnaji.

We are likely  going to lose four rotation players: two bigs (Juwan and Fitz), and two wings (Romeo and McBob).

I see no reason why our ‘19 class couldn’t be two wings (Keion and Bouknight) and two bigs (TJD and Zeke).

We are likely  going to lose four rotation players: two bigs (Juwan and Fitz), and two wings (Romeo and McBob).
I see no reason why our ‘19 class couldn’t be two wings (Keion and Bouknight) and two bigs (TJD and Zeke).

That works strictly by numbers and positions but doesn't account for other players developing. If we do take two bigs and two wings we'll need some returning players to drop Dow a position. Meaning Hunter and Anderson will need to be able to play the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That works strictly by numbers and positions but doesn't account for other players developing. If we do take two bigs and two wings we'll need some returning players to drop Dow a position. Meaning Hunter and Anderson will need to be able to play the 2.

We’d have Phinisee, Green, Durham and Bouknight as true guards, with Hunter, Brooks,  and Anderson as swing men.

Four true guards, just like this year.

We’d have Phinisee, Green, Durham and Bouknight as true guards, with Hunter, Brooks,  and Anderson as swing men.
Four true guards, just like this year.

5 - Davis, Forrester, Jackson-Davis
4 - Smith, Moore, Thompson, Nnaji
3 - Hunter, Anderson, Brooks

That's a lot of, should be, capable players for not a lot of time. If Hunter or Anderson can develop their handles to play the 2 guard and Smith improve to play more if the small wing we would be in business. There would be a logjam of good players 3-5 if we land Brooks, Nnaji, and Jackson Davis. I don't see that happening.

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

5 - Davis, Forrester, Jackson-Davis
4 - Smith, Moore, Thompson, Nnaji
3 - Hunter, Anderson, Brooks

That's a lot of, should be, capable players for not a lot of time. If Hunter or Anderson can develop their handles to play the 2 guard and Smith improve to play more if the small wing we would be in business. There would be a logjam of good players 3-5 if we land Brooks, Nnaji, and Jackson Davis. I don't see that happening.

All true, but for us to take four in the '19 class, one of those names would no longer be a Hoosier, whether it be for early entry, transfer for more playing time, etc.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

All true, but for us to take four in the '19 class, one of those names would no longer be a Hoosier, whether it be for early entry, transfer for more playing time, etc.

Getting what we wish for in the 2019 class will undoubtedly come at a cost. The five star kids expect to play immediately whenever they go. The kids currently on the team want/expect to play as well. The scholarship players as this team is being constructed are all going to be good enough to play for high major programs. I don't like transfers, but it seems inevitable considering who we are recruiting. Unfortunately, sometimes this is a hard business.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If (and it’s a big ‘if’) we got TJD, Zeke, and KBJ, the fourth member of the class could be quite literally any guard that fogged a mirror and it would still be a top five class nationally.

While I definitely agree, I think we need an impact guard more than anyone else in this class. And yes, that includes TJD. We’ll be really thin there after Romeo leaves