Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

5 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Great question, after a quick deep dive through Wheeling Jesuit's roster, April played one memorable year at IU ('14/15), set out a year ('15/16), played one year at Wabash Valley JUCO ('16/17), set out a year ('17/18), and is now playing his third year, Junior season, at Wheeling Jesuit.  Division II has slightly different rules in terms of eligibility so this isn't a big surprise.

Net, Jeremiah is on the 6-year plan and living his best life.

PRIOR TO WHEELING JESUIT

Played one season at NJCAA Wabash Valley (Illinois) in 2016-17 ... appeared in 26 games with eight starts ... averaged 4.0 ppg. and 2.7 rpg. ... Also played one season at NCAA Division I Indiana in 2014-15 ... Appeared in four games, playing a total of 17 minutes ... scored six points, grabbed five rebounds and blocked a pair of shots ... began the season by playing seven minutes against Mississippi Valley State, where he scored two points and grabbed two rebounds ... played five minutes against Savannah State, blocking one shot and coming away with one steal ... saw two minutes of action against Louisville ... in his Big Ten debut, scored four points while hauling in two rebounds in win at Rutgers

https://wjucardinals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4278

He averaged 4 ppg and 2.7 rpg in junior college...This list just reiterates some of the ill advised recruiting decisions Crean made during his time.

52 minutes ago, Andowen1990IU said:

He averaged 4 ppg and 2.7 rpg in junior college...This list just reiterates some of the ill advised recruiting decisions Crean made during his time.

You taking the over or under on what Grant Gelon averages at Trinity Juco this year?

4 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Mike Miller @MikeMillerHT 1m

Freshman Jerome Hunter is the latest recipient of Indiana's gold standard practice jersey. #iubb

That's awesome.  Feels like we don't hear much about Jerome.  

Wagers for next week?  Can it be a repeat?  Maybe Phinisee?

Don't think we have a game thread up for the Friday Thursday night exhibition game but it will be televised on BTN Plus at 7:00 ET with a replay on basic BTN at 11:00 p.m. that same night Friday night.

Some old fart made a mistake.  Thanks Stromboli.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
CORRECTIONS

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't think we have a game thread up for the Friday night exhibition game but it will be televised on BTN Plus at 7:00 ET with a replay on basic BTN at 11:00 that same night

The game is on Thursday.

Hunter is going to be really good. Always have been excited about him.

Not sure how much run he will get this year with Smith and Langford, but he could be our go to player as a Sophomore.

I personally like the thought of Hunter, Langford, Smith together.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure how much run he will get this year with Smith and Langford, but he could be our go to player as a Sophomore.

You're forgetting TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That would be talented trio on the wing with crazy length and athleticism.  I'd like to see how Smith has developed his shot and confidence in taking that shot.  If they get run together they should be able to get mismatches and exploit those, whether it's a smaller guard or a big.

You're forgetting TJD

I don’t think TJD is a go to type of player YET.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he will be fantastic, but I’m not sure he has the shot making ability to be a go to player. Or big enough to be an overwhelming force down low.

It’s always harder for Bigs unless you are Shaq, Ayton, Anthony Davis.

I'm glad Archie is instituting some different student section "tactics." The students have always cheered loudly but have never done anything that makes them stand out...some people may say it's gimmicky or cheesy but that's what helps create a unique atmosphere like the Cameron Crazies waving their hands at the player with the ball, Purdue holding one arm up and clapping twice and yelling "Boiler Up" after a made free throw, etc. Curious to how it'll actually play out though.

For those not born yet or old enough to remember; there was a time in Assembly Hall where students weren’t allowed to wave their arms behind the basket. And usually, we kicked the other teams @ss. I understand a coached up student section is where the game atmosphere is now; and as long as the bubble heads are long gone I’m good. We will always have the most knowledgeable students and fans anywhere in college basketball.

It was pretty short and a lot was going on but just a few things I took away from the practice tonight. The biggest thing for me was Zach McRoberts has drastically improved his shot. They did a drill where they shot 3’s around the arc for 45 seconds at each spot and he couldn’t have missed more than 10. My only concern now is whether he will be confident enough to take those shots in game. I didn’t see anything about how much he scored in the scrimmage on Saturday so I’m guessing it wasn’t significant. I tried to also watch Juwan and Justin during this drill. Both looked improved but neither of them really did too much in this drill to make their shot stand out a lot. The second biggest thing to look for I saw was both Devonte and Al didn’t practice at all which meant the second team had Johnny Jager as the PG. Neither of them seemed to be in any pain or moving any differently. They were both dressed to practice but didn’t participate in anything for the duration of the practice we got to see. Most likely minor stuff but something to look for here early. Lastly, it was hard to take it all in and keep track since they were all shooting at the same time but it seemed like they were still missing a lot of free throws. This was a big problem last year and seemed to get to the point where it was clearly a psychological problem that infected the whole team. I hope this doesn’t become a problem this year.
Archie also spoke at the end and gave us instructions on things for the student section to do during certain parts of the game. During the first 4 minutes of the game we are supposed to yell “boing” each time the other team bounces the ball. After the first 4 minutes we are supposed to pick a certain player on the other team and boo him whenever he has the ball for the rest of the half. Lastly, when the other team is shooting free throws, we’re supposed to put our hands up and be quiet until they start their shooting motion and then yell “brick” while throwing our arms a certain direction. I don’t know if or how long these will stick but it was something interesting from him that I didn’t expect for him to do.

Still have to wonder if our free throw issues are tied to our weight training/workout regiment. It’s odd for the whole team to struggle like we did and have veteran players regress