Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

I really like McBob, but if he isn't going to take open shots when they come to him and slow down the offense as a result, I would much rather have a player willing to take open shots. Not that I don't think McBob has a role on this team, but there were times when he would hold the ball and wait for someone to roll off a screen when there wasn't anybody within ten feet of him.

20 hours ago, cthomas said:

It's great to have options. I think RP is going to have a more significant role this year than many are anticipating. He is exactly what we didn't have a year ago.

In the podcast from Monday, Miller said Phinisee will be a terrific point guard in the Big Ten "in his time" and that he will "have a window to contribute this year."

Obviously CAM is not a hype guy but that comment isn't something that makes me think he is going to come in right away and get significant playing time.

From his comments it seems he feels Green is ready. RP can get backup minutes this year and potentially more next year. If Green comes in and plays like last year I think that leash is far shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In a YouTube video I saw Rob Phinisee drive twice on Zion Williamson and make both layups, and swish one over Zion when he was guarding him.

From his comments it seems he feels Green is ready. RP can get backup minutes this year and potentially more next year. If Green comes in and plays like last year I think that leash is far shorter.

I agree with your assessment and hope he's right.
If Green has improved his decision making we will be a much better team.If not Phinessee could experience baptism by fire.
Green has the physical tools to be a good lead guard but has been somewhat lacking between the ears so far.I'll believe thats changed when I see it.

I agree with your assessment and hope he's right.
If Green has improved his decision making we will be a much better team.If not Phinessee could experience baptism by fire.
Green has the physical tools to be a good lead guard but has been somewhat lacking between the ears so far.I'll believe thats changed when I see it.

Rob Phinisee did score 50 points in a game on 12/15/17 against Harrison.

Rob Phinisee did score 50 points in a game on 12/15/17 against Harrison.

Rob is going to be a good player for IU I feel. I don’t think he is an instant 25 mpg player, but he will for sure play as a Freshman. I think he is a player that can potentially play more as the season goes on due to how thin we are at the guard position. Hopefully Green is what he has been described this summer. We will be better for it.

Smith oozes with potential like most Recruits of the before Archie time. If he is draft ready and Miller is correct about Green then we will win the Big Ten. 

Yeah he makes our starting five so much better if he has even slightly improved as a player from the last ten games. Consistency will be key for him.

Looks like Al played in a high level pickup game in Atlanta recently.  He looks fine, maybe a little more tenacious than we've seen.  

Al appears in the very beginning (like 10 seconds), then his game starts at 9:20-14:30, and then again at 16:45-18:00.  The last part is a dunk contest, Al doesn't attempt any.