Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

Yeah man. Closer with those grandparents than my parents. Appreciate it. Sad that he didn’t get to see this team come back. It’s funny. Sometimes most of the memories you have with those closest to you is sports. That’s the way it is with him and me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
This needs a love button, not just a like button

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2018 at 9:29 PM, mdn82 said:

Yeah man. Closer with those grandparents than my parents. Appreciate it. Sad that he didn’t get to see this team come back. It’s funny. Sometimes most of the memories you have with those closest to you is sports. That’s the way it is with him and me.

Sent from my iPhone u.sing BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry to hear about your loss.Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Lindy's has Purdue finishing 2nd? Seriously?

That is silly,  How good do they think Edwards is? PeeEww should have a solid starting 5....but they are unproven and not particularly dynamic. No experienced depth either. Painter is a competent coach, but he's no magician. I'll be amazed if they finish in the top 4 of the conference.

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

That is silly,  How good do they think Edwards is? PeeEww should have a solid starting 5....but they are unproven and not particularly dynamic. No experienced depth either. Painter is a competent coach, but he's no magician. I'll be amazed if they finish in the top 4 of the conference.

According to that link, Lindy's has Edwards ranked as the No. 2 player in the country. The kid's pretty good, but that's way too high. 

I went to Hammer & Rails expecting some lulz about the ridiculous expectations for the Univ of STD's. They are slobbering all over Edwards (one article declared him THE best shooting guard in the country last season), but the overall expectations are surprisingly realistic:  Lots of unknowns, several players need to emerge, etc.  

I wonder if Edwards believes the hype? If so I can see them looking like Oklahoma last season with Trae Young = Lots of 1 on 5 hero ball. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I went to Hammer & Rails expecting some lulz about the ridiculous expectations for the Univ of STD's. They are slobbering all over Edwards (one article declared him THE best shooting guard in the country last season), but the overall expectations are surprisingly realistic:  Lots of unknowns, several players need to emerge, etc.  

I wonder if Edwards believes the hype? If so I can see them looking like Oklahoma last season with Trae Young = Lots of 1 on 5 hero ball. 

I think that Edwards is really, really good, but he was their leading scorer last year; not sure how much he will increase his total in that category.

He can become a much better facilitator, but the catch with that is that last year he was sharing the ball with Mathias, VEdwards, and PJ Thompson, all knockdown 3pt shooters, and Haas at the rim. His options are so much less skilled this year. 

If some true unknows don't develop into legitimate scoring threats, Carsen Edwards could end up with a season like Talor Battle, DJ Newbill, or Tim Frazier when they were the only gunslingers on mediocre Penn State teams.

Purdue will defend with Painter as coach (I think), but if either Edwards or Haarms misses significant time they are really screwed vis a vis depth.

Let's put it this way - if Romeo or Juwan missed time we would likely insert a guy likeJerome Hunter, Al Durham, or Fitzner into the starting lineup. If Edwards or Haarms isn't in the game, Purdue is very low on options. They only have three guards on their roster that can even contemplate playing with the ball in their hands and only one non walk-on big who has ever seen the court in a D1 game.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that Edwards is really, really good, but he was their leading scorer last year; not sure how much he will increase his total in that category.

He can become a much better facilitator, but the catch with that is that last year he was sharing the ball with Mathias, VEdwards, and PJ Thompson, all knockdown 3pt shooters, and Haas at the rim. His options are so much less skilled this year. 

If some true unknows don't develop into legitimate scoring threats, Carsen Edwards could end up with a season like Talor Battle or Ti Frazier when they were the only gunslingers on mediocre Penn State teams.

Purdue will defend with Painter as coach (I think), but if either Edwards or Haarms misses significant time they are really screwed vis a vis depth.

Let's put it this way - if Romeo or Juwan missed time we would likely insert a guy likeJerome Hunter, Al Durham, or Fitzner into the starting lineup. If Edwards or Haarms isn't in the game, Purdue is very low on options. They only have three guards on their roster that can even contemplate playing with the ball in their hands and only one non walk-on big who has ever seen the court in a D1 game.

Edwards may have been the leading scorer but he benefitted greatly from his big man being the most efficient player. Doubtful he has that this coming season. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Edwards will win and lose them games this season. It doesn't matter if they're up big or down Big he's going to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. But he wasn’t that efficient when he wasn’t the priority for defenses. I could easily see his efficiency falling