Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Fairly certain all 4 years I was at IU they set records for largest freshman class. I think they intentionally try to set a new record. 

I believe so.

I think they want to allow all the in-state students they always have but want to really increase the lucrative out-of state and international student enrollment. 

11 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

It sure looks like Forester is taller than 6'8" from the photos and such that has been put out over the summer.

Throughout his collegiate career Evan Fitzner has consistently been listed as 6'10". Here is Evan standing next to Jake (no idea who the young lady is between them lol). You be the judge of Jake's height:

imagejpeg_0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Evan Fitzner has consistently been listed as 6'10". Here is Evan standing next to Jake. You be the judge:

imagejpeg_0.jpg

They look pretty close to me and Forester is leaning a little.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Three guys listed at 6'10", three guys listed at 6'8", three guys listed at 6'6", and not a single player under 6'0".  That kind of size hasn't been wearing the Cream and Crimson in quite some time, or so it seems to me.

Throughout his collegiate career Evan Fitzner has consistently been listed as 6'10". Here is Evan standing next to Jake (no idea who the young lady is between them lol). You be the judge of Jake's height:

imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.c8ae77c54543c61338bc39113b909309.jpg&key=5172b4d9ea01488a0a3563bbeb3e9237897bde5c6a63fc199ae660df2cb89114

Forester is also in sandals while Fitzner is in shoes too. I believe Jake has a solid wingspan too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Forester is also in sandals while Fitzner is in shoes too. I believe Jake has a solid wingspan too

I have a vague memory back when IU was recruiting Jake that he would've been ranked much higher if he were a few inches taller.

Well? He's now a few inches taller.

EDIT:

Article from August, 2015 on 6'8" sophomore Jake:

Although none of the D-I programs he’s been in contact with have extended scholarship offers — Forrester says more than 15 have shown interest — the message he heard repeatedly during the summer months was that he needed another year of seasoning.Particularly since Forrester, who sports a remarkably long wingspan, says his doctor recently suggested that he might sprout another three or four inches before he’s done growing.

So, couple the added length with his mobility and passion for the game and one can imagine why college programs are intrigued.

And, from an article one year ago:

What are you at right now, weight-wiseWell, I'm like 6'9" and 215 right now. I'd like to be 6'10" and maybe 225 by next year.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I have a vague memory back when IU was recruiting Jake that he would've been ranked much higher if he were a few inches taller.

Well? He's now a few inches taller.

Yep odd that IU is reporting him at shorter than that. Btw Jerome had added 20 pounds of muscle it looks like 

The Fire Alarm Strobe behind Jake on the wall is required to be mounted at a minimum of 80" to the center of the lens above the finished floor per ADA  but no higher than 96"  So looks like he is somewhere between 6'-4" and 7'-6".

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Doctor Jones said:

The Fire Alarm Strobe behind Jake on the wall is required to be mounted at a minimum of 80" to the center of the lens above the finished floor per ADA  but no higher than 96"  So looks like he is somewhere between 6'-4" and 7'-6".

And this info is coming from a real live Doctor!  :)

With an electricians pedigree, I approve this message!!

Sent from my LG-H872 using BtownBanners mobile app

SI seems to be high on us in their preseason power rankings. Pretty fair assessment of the entire league.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/08/23/big-ten-power-rankings-michigan-state-indiana-questions

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly that was the most level headed and informed prognostication I have seen. The actual article laid out great questions/thoughts for teams.