Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

Good. I really hope that is the case because I am super pumped for him this season.
I think the 2 games that come to mind for me were the 1st & last games this past season. 1st game they were playing a really good team with some future college players and he seemed to exaggerate the contact a bit for my taste... and the last game in the postseason when they were losing I seem to remember something about an injury that got a lot of talk during the game.
Those could very well of been outliers and not the norm... or I could even have a foggy memory of it all.... that is just some of the things I remember and some of the things that I hear from time to time... again mostly from fans of other teams.

The ESPN game he took a lot of hard fouls and got hurt a couple of times but finished strong. The final game of his career I don’t recall the injuries. He got fouled a ton and that’s where he got a bit of his points. They just got beat at the end. They shouldn’t of. He didn’t have a bad attitude in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, HoosierAloha said:

I liked his handles getting into his spot on the left elbow and knocking down the shots. Al's minutes will depend on his ability to knockdown the open shot and his handles. If he could run the point for some stretches with Romeo in the backcourt that would be some great length on defense.

We have some options and interesting combinations for this upcoming season. I hope this is just the start though.

Yes and I thought he played good d last year.

I'm not sure where to put this so I went with this topic. I remember seeing that several of the IU basketball players signed to live in the new Evolve apartments. I remember the picture Juwan signing there. I was told that 25-30% of the building is not finished yet. Does anyone know if the basketball players got moved into their apartments there? I do know that all of IU freshman basketball players have moved in.  

I'm not sure where to put this so I went with this topic. I remember seeing that several of the IU basketball players signed to live in the new Evolve apartments. I remember the picture Juwan signing there. I was told that 25-30% of the building is not finished yet. Does anyone know if the basketball players got moved into their apartments there? I do know that all of IU freshman basketball players have moved in.  

I’m also living there and move in is tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from them notifying me about my building but I know some people who have been told their building won’t be ready until Sunday.

That apartment complex looks really nice. I know some people want us to get "players dorms" like other schools, but I think those apartments would be a good place to have the players all live. They're brand new and right next to Cook Hall, and there's a bus right there that takes you into campus. 

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's under 100 now and will be even less by the end of the day. 

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah my daughter said they are the biggest class ever. Not sure how accurate that is. Still no excuse.

She is correct, 8100 freshmen. If Teter wasn't being renovated we would have room for everyone. I said that the project should be delayed till we got everyone in a room but was outvoted for lounges. 

IU oversells dorms every year so that way after people drop out, change roommates, etc., they're not left with empty rooms that people aren't paying for. Not that it's a good thing to do, but the strategy makes sense when you look at it like that. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU oversells dorms every year so that way after people drop out, change roommates, etc., they're not left with empty rooms that people aren't paying for. Not that it's a good thing to do, but the strategy makes sense when you look at it like that. 

Always felt they should at least give the people who have to live in the lounge a hefty discount on their room and board

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Anybody see the ESPN power rankings. They have us in the exact same spot in the big ten. Despite admitting Romeo will be a force. 

ESPN really needs to just embrace the satire role it’s getting really sad now

Yeah - it is hysterical. I don't pay any attention to them. We bring in a top 10 class, have another year under Archie's system, and return 5 of the top 7 scorers. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Always felt they should at least give the people who have to live in the lounge a hefty discount on their room and board

They get a discount but just not a hefty one.