Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They call it that at the combine and they have specific rules regarding how it's measured. It's not like they let guys at the combine get as big of a running start as they want. So, it does matter. Calling it "Max Vert" and talking about tying a combine record (implying that they're using combine techniques) is deceptive. 

Lol, you're taking this entirely too seriously. The NBA combine is almost as pointless as this discussion and their rules are entirely arbitrary but if it makes you feel better to consider the tweet and video deceptive knock yourself out. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I wonder if Al Durham has the potential to be a 25 minute per game point guard. 

Our starting lineup would be mighty long, athletic, and defense-solid if it was Al, Romeo, Justin, Juwan, and Fitz.

You could be on to something here...

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our starting lineup would be mighty long, athletic, and defense-solid if it was Al, Romeo, Justin, Juwan, and Fitz.

Agreed. If he can hit open looks better this year could see it for sure. Gonna be scarey as an upper class men for sure

54 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Lol, you're taking this entirely too seriously. The NBA combine is almost as pointless as this discussion and their rules are entirely arbitrary but if it makes you feel better to consider the tweet and video deceptive knock yourself out. 

It's really not that big of a deal to me, as this is my first post on the issue, but if you're going to make claims like "X player tied the combine record" you should probably use combine rules. You're right that their rules are arbitrary, but if you used different ones then you didn't actually tie the record you said you did. It's not the same measurement. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's really not that big of a deal to me, as this is my first post on the issue, but if you're going to make claims like "X player tied the combine record" you should probably use combine rules. You're right that their rules are arbitrary, but if you used different ones then you didn't actually tie the record you said you did. It's not the same measurement. 

I get what you are saying and agree to a point. It is pretty clear though that the purpose was promotion/hype of the program and people are acting like the truth has never been stretched a bit before while promoting a college basketball team. 

On 7/22/2018 at 4:37 PM, triple said:

Every picture I see indicates that Jake is taller than the 6-8 or 6-9 listed on the recruiting sites.  

This pic indicates he is standing on his tippy toes.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The most glaring issue with Al’s game is shooting. If he could get that down, I could definitely see more minutes for him. 

The problem for me is that Al just isn’t a PG. He can handle well and drive decent enough, but he doesn’t have the vision or driving ability to be the point if we want to be elite. I love Al and his toughness, but I don’t see many PG minutes for him..

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Max vert is probably meant to measure rebounding. A few steps is much more representative than a running start

Running start max vert is for lobs leading to highlight dunks.

I get what you are saying and agree to a point. It is pretty clear though that the purpose was promotion/hype of the program and people are acting like the truth has never been stretched a bit before while promoting a college basketball team. 

I got real tired of fake hype during the Crean years.

If this is disingenuous then future things are hard to believe. I have enjoyed the staff and trainers and would like to see the things they send out and be able to believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Oooh... This is a good one!

https://twitter.com/IndianaMBB/status/1022599352991268864?s=20

Some takeaways?

1. DeRon is the life of the party, and he’s looking pretty mobile.
  2. Per DeRon, Justin Smith is the team’s best dunker (well, yeah), Fitz is the best pure shooter, and DGreen is a sloppy player 
  3. Them Jake Forrester camera angles keep causing conversation: he looks a good inch taller than DeRon when they’re standing side by side (!)

DeRon's interaction with Scott Rolen was very funny.

"You played for the St. Louis Cards? My dad played for the L.A. Rams for a minute." - DeRon

"Dude, the St. Louis Cards are baseball man." - Juwan 

13 minutes ago, Andowen1990IU said:

DeRon's interaction with Scott Rolen was very funny.

"You played for the St. Louis Cards? My dad played for the L.A. Rams for a minute." - DeRon

"Dude, the St. Louis Cards are baseball man." - Juwan 

HA!  Yeah, I loved that.  Kudos to the IU Social Media "team".  Another job well done, IMO!

14 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Fitzner being the best shooter should put to rest any question about how much he'll play. Obviously he'll need to defend and rebound too, but having a weapon at the 5 will make IU REALLY hard to defend. 

Good news