Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

@Brass makes sense now. There was no way Smith got 48” with the rest of the NBA testing out in the 43-44” range at the combine.

The margins look nice, but what was Juwan doing with a 27” vertical last year lol.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

It wasn’t but a day ago the cannon was shooting brass balls at anyone that questioned the 48 inch vertical announcement, now he is attacking cliff and the team for posting it.

Crazy what 24 hours can do around here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

It wasn’t but a day ago the cannon was shooting brass balls at anyone that questioned the 48 inch vertical announcement, now he is attacking cliff and the team for posting it.

Crazy what 24 hours can do around here

Attacking the team. Lol hardly. Got some sensitive souls here. And the reason I didn’t doubt the video at the time was because I thought it would be incredibly stupid and short sighted to lie about something like that.  nothing has changed really  

Quite simply put somebody pointed out what I was missing. Which is the fact the Smith got more of a running start than the NBA combine.  It’s depressing so many people find it odd to reasses opinions when prsesented with new information  

Its interesting to know people are ok with misleading kids about their accomplishments.

Definitely seems like a poor long term strategy for an organization.  Perhaps a basketball team will be the one exception to  that though. 

I see no value misleading Smith and the team about this accomplishment.  All this will result in will be flags risen when he goes to the combine and gets a 40 inch jump. 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

NBA has standing vertical and max which the player can take a step or two but it has to be within a small box area. Most colleges including IU lets the player get a full running start. No one is lying or trying to deceive anyone.

Kinda are when they say he tied an NBA combine record. 

NBA has standing vertical and max which the player can take a step or two but it has to be within a small box area. Most colleges including IU lets the player get a full running start. No one is lying or trying to deceive anyone.

Well, when they say Smith tied a combine record, that’s not exactly honest. I think it’s fine regardless. Hype up the kids and get them some publicity. Same thing they all do with wingspan and height. NBA teams have come to expect some shrinkage and reduced performance in the transition from college to the league.

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Well, when they say Smith tied a combine record, that’s not exactly honest. I think it’s fine regardless. Hype up the kids and get them some publicity. Same thing they all do with wingspan and height. NBA teams have come to expect some shrinkage and reduced performance in the transition from college to the league. emoji854.png

That's my thing I think they could've hyped him up just fine saying something along the lines of we can't even measure any higher

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Are we really questioning verticals? Bahahaha. Fact of the matter is, we look strong, athletic and damn good. Also there is a ton of camaraderie. This year is going to be fun. 

Agreed. Now if the space time continuum could get its crap in gear and November get here a little faster everything would be perfect

It then gives one pause to think about how these year over year vertical increase were calculated. Juwan and Davis with 10+ inch increases seemed fishy and unlikely. Might we find out it was comparing standing jump from year ago to running jump this year?

It then gives one pause to think about how these year over year vertical increase were calculated. Juwan and Davis with 10+ inch increases seemed fishy and unlikely. Might we find out it was comparing standing jump from year ago to running jump this year?

I would guess so. Nobody that has been in a college program for over a year will improve that much ever, let alone a summer.

Honestly, who cares if they sprinted, jogged, crawled...or whatever.  These kids have a vertical over 40".  Incredible leaps for any player...especially the sophomores and freshmen.  

Why are people so upset about myself and others being interested in the truth and a full understanding of unbelievable claims?

So you're straight up convinced Clif Marshall is a liar. I'm glad your confidence in this program is unwavering. We both know there are PLENTY more unsavory details in the realm of college basketball recruiting discussed between players than inflating summer workout numbers.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but...well, I'm going go ahead and come off as a jerk right now: The constant worry in this place is darn near pathetic at times. I get why; I want this program back on top as much as the next rabid Hoosier fanatic. But let's enjoy the process just a little bit as the new era unfolds. I'll worry when we start recruiting Priller 2.0 and the staff starts buying poster board in bulk.

I'd like to love this post and not just "like" it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk