Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Davis is a very good post player but that is just about all he does on the floor. Not a big rebounder, no jumpshot, bad FT shooter, poor defender. He is not a beastly player at all imo. I'm really not trying to drag the guy but I just don't see where he fits going forward.  

He was the only person I felt comfortable when he was going to the FT line for a bit in the early season.... That is a scary thing for me to remember!

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol running vertical. That is how they got that high. Combine is standing vertical. I know that’s been a discussion the past the few days, but that’s the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hasn't this already been discussed. Max vertical is a running vertical or am I wrong here.  I don't know...maybe the combine only allows so many steps in the max vertical.

10 minutes ago, rebelcc said:

Hasn't this already been discussed. Max vertical is a running vertical or am I wrong here.  I don't know...maybe the combine only allows so many steps in the max vertical.

Got a feeling thats the case. In the Diallo clip someone linked here, he only had 2 steps before getting 45". Everyone that got 40" on the IU clip started their run from the 3 pt line; Smith was almost against the far wall.

Combine does a standing vert and a max vert where the players get like 2 or 3 steps. They can't get as big of a start as in the clip posted above. 

Well, that would explain a lot and our skepticism a reality.

Combine does a standing vert and a max vert where the players get like 2 or 3 steps. They can't get as big of a start as in the clip posted above. 

Agreed. It’s not a big deal, but that’s why it was what it was. It’s still a big @$$ number for his size.

The paranoia here is unreal.

To fear a dive in recruiting because of the way a strength coach presents his testing is ridiculous. For all we know there may be previously documented records of max vertical with an as needed approach, and maybe that's what was being referenced in the social media post.

For all we know, there may be other strength coaches out there who are indeed intentionally inflating their "this could be you" pitches to recruits.

Clif Marshall seems like a stand up individual who's goal is mentorship and max performance.

What I DO know is I'm a heck of a lot more confident in our performance development with Marshall at the helm of our S&C than the previous individual.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

47 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

The paranoia here is unreal.

To fear a dive in recruiting because of the way a strength coach presents his testing is ridiculous. For all we know there may be previously documented records of max vertical with an as needed approach, and maybe that's what was being referenced in the social media post.

For all we know, there may be other strength coaches out there who are indeed intentionally inflating their "this could be you" pitches to recruits.

Clif Marshall seems like a stand up individual who's goal is mentorship and max performance.

What I DO know is I'm a heck of a lot more confident in our performance development with Marshall at the helm of our S&C than the previous individual.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Justin Smith goes to the combine and doesn’t deliver they are easily going to tell kids that we aren’t preparing them for the NBA only lying to them. 

These kids talk. Lying is a short term strategy. 

If Justin Smith goes to the combine and doesn’t deliver they are easily going to tell kids that we aren’t preparing them for the NBA only lying to them. 

These kids talk. Lying is a short term strategy. 

So you're straight up convinced Clif Marshall is a liar. I'm glad your confidence in this program is unwavering. We both know there are PLENTY more unsavory details in the realm of college basketball recruiting discussed between players than inflating summer workout numbers.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but...well, I'm going go ahead and come off as a jerk right now: The constant worry in this place is darn near pathetic at times. I get why; I want this program back on top as much as the next rabid Hoosier fanatic. But let's enjoy the process just a little bit as the new era unfolds. I'll worry when we start recruiting Priller 2.0 and the staff starts buying poster board in bulk.

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

So you're straight up convinced Clif Marshall is a liar. I'm glad your confidence in this program is unwavering. We both know there are PLENTY more unsavory details in the realm of college basketball recruiting discussed between players than inflating summer workout numbers.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but...well, I'm going go ahead and come off as a jerk right now: The constant worry in this place is darn near pathetic at times. I get why; I want this program back on top as much as the next rabid Hoosier fanatic. But let's enjoy the process just a little bit as the new era unfolds. I'll worry when we start recruiting Priller 2.0 and the staff starts buying poster board in bulk.

Overreact much?

@Brass makes sense now. There was no way Smith got 48” with the rest of the NBA testing out in the 43-44” range at the combine.

The margins look nice, but what was Juwan doing with a 27” vertical last year lol.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Ok now your just trolling.  

....Not really.

@Brass makes sense now. There was no way Smith got 48” with the rest of the NBA testing out in the 43-44” range at the combine. 

The margins look nice, but what was Juwan doing with a 27” vertical last year lol.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

They tested differently. Smith basically had an unlimited or as needed acceleration space. The combine allowed 2-3 steps. Maybe the combine used to allow it the former way and that's what was referenced. Does it matter that much? I saw a video on Twitter today of a 5'4" guy dunking. I'm sure his vertical was not shabby. But I'm also sure he's not playing D1 or anything near it.

I will agree with one thing, and I don't remember who posted it, but yes it must be slow since we're debating verticals around here.

The boys will go out and excel in the B1G this season. That will speak for the program.