Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

You just love those logical fallacy. Just because 2 players are going to play well doesn’t mean two others won’t also. 
And they don’t have to play to that level to get drafted. NBA loves potential lol probably more than actual performance. 
I think you may have missed his point. He is suggesting if we had that kind of season then we won't be stressing because we will be rolling. Or at least I believe that is what he is suggesting

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I think you may have missed his point. He is suggesting if we had that kind of season then we won't be stressing because we will be rolling. Or at least I believe that is what he is suggesting

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

If we are rolling because they are so good we would obviously stress at the prospect of losing them. Regardless of how the past season went. 

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Rcs was accurate on my intended response.

Good teams that are rolling just reload. Crean’s inability to build consistency year after year is what always got me/us all stressing over a player staying or going.

I think Archie will get us past that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You always should want good players to return. That’s the key to sustained success. There is a reason the UK team that won had significant roles played by non freshmen. 

You always should want good players to return. That’s the key to sustained success. There is a reason the UK team that won had significant roles played by non freshmen. 

Agreed, but it is a lot easier to let go and say “good luck” when you know we will be good to go either way.

We never had that under Crean. There was always an excuse waiting “but I lost 2 guys to the nba”

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

That is why a good 2019 class is crucial. We can’t afford any lulls in recruiting.

Even if we have the #1 class in the country we still need to retain talent. Pretty much every national champ has had at least one player that could have already gone pro

I like our strength guy but i am not buying that it translates to games yet.

Remember last summer Deron was said to have added 8” to his vertical.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/26/davis-down-21-pounds-vertical-up-eight-inches-in-12-weeks/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/26/davis-down-21-pounds-vertical-up-eight-inches-in-12-weeks/

Deron was an absolute beast offensively 

I’ll buy. Deron versus Duke was eye opening. He was dominant against a frontcourt two lottery picks.

I just think the numbers seem off/inflated. Case and point, Juwan added 10” to his vertical and Smith setting the actually all time max vertical record of any player who has ever lived in the same summer. I’m not ready to buy that much hype.

I’ll buy. Deron versus Duke was eye opening. He was dominant against a frontcourt two lottery picks.

I just think the numbers seem off/inflated. Case and point, Juwan added 10” to his vertical and Smith setting the actually all time max vertical record of any player who has ever lived in the same summer. I’m not ready to buy that much hype.

Never thought “wow Deron got up on that” though. When he played like a beast it was not because he had any hops to his game.

Never thought “wow Deron got up on that” though. When he played like a beast it was not because he had any hops to his game.

That’s true, and the Duke game wasn’t the norm...

17 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

A PER of almost 30. Scoring 62 percent of his shots. Id say thats beastly. Cant even begin to imagine how ge would have done with a legit PG and two good achilles. 

Davis is a very good post player but that is just about all he does on the floor. Not a big rebounder, no jumpshot, bad FT shooter, poor defender. He is not a beastly player at all imo. I'm really not trying to drag the guy but I just don't see where he fits going forward.  

19 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Davis is a very good post player but that is just about all he does on the floor. Not a big rebounder, no jumpshot, bad FT shooter, poor defender. He is not a beastly player at all imo. I'm really not trying to drag the guy but I just don't see where he fits going forward.  

I too dont think he fits well overall. But to diminish what he did offensively is just silly

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I too dont think he fits well overall. But to diminish what he did offensively is just silly

I think it's important to remember that he got injured before we really started the conference season. He played 3 Big Ten games, averaged 6.3/3.3 on 36.4% shooting, and only played 15.3 minutes per game. He started out strong last year, scoring double digits in 8 of our first 10 games. Then he was held in single digits in each of the last 5 games.  

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think it's important to remember that he got injured before we really started the conference season. He played 3 Big Ten games, averaged 6.3/3.3 on 36.4% shooting, and only played 15.3 minutes per game. He started out strong last year, scoring double digits in 8 of our first 10 games. Then he was held in single digits in each of the last 5 games.  

He was playing hurt as i recall