Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

scoot

Summer of 2018

21 hours ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Im jealous of the football program right now, I want our recruit run dang it!

How often has that EVER been said about IUFB?!

I suspect this fall will be exciting for Basketball. 

55 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Jerome and Romeo, in Cook Hall at midnight. Both made quick Instagram posts, 5 min apart. Can't tell if anyone else was there. 

One of the 'insiders' reported that Romeo has called his dad raving about Jerome, how good he is. Maybe these two have an iron-sharpens-iron thing going here.

Screenshot_20180628-002210.png

Screenshot_20180628-002204.png

So very excellent! Thanks Strom!!!!

The team wasn't half bad last year, and that was with major minutes going to the less experienced and less able (Freddie as the  starting center, Collin with major injuries).

Our talent level is about to skyrocket.

Jerome and Romeo, in Cook Hall at midnight. Both made quick Instagram posts, 5 min apart. Can't tell if anyone else was there. 

One of the 'insiders' reported that Romeo has called his dad raving about Jerome, how good he is. Maybe these two have an iron-sharpens-iron thing going here.

Screenshot_20180628-002210.thumb.png.7f5f1b443751a4dfa326706cacc6839a.png
Screenshot_20180628-002204.thumb.png.06f07c58e14b7cefb03015f14601743a.png

Curious who the insider is as my post above yours was coming from that same info/story about Romeo calling telling his dad that Jerome is a stud but was told not to tell those details...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 6/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, VO5 said:

SIAP, but Rabjohns said if he had to pick starters today it would be:

1- Green

2- Langford

3- McRoberts

4- Smith

5- Morgan

I think most of us agree that this is our best/most versatile lineup. I love the mesh of talent there and McRoberts is the perfect guy to plug in at the 3 because of his unselfishness.

If Green and Smith make the jumps we expect them to and have been hearing about, we’ll be a scary good team. Is it November yet??

Interesting starting lineup this could work.

Kinda quiet since the Carton visit, no?  I have observations to share.

1.)  Everyone is losing their minds about the Cousins signing to the Warriors, as if he will absolutely have an impact.  Let's remember, he is recovering from the same injury as our own De'Ron Davis.  Should we also have more faith that he will be contributing soon?  De'Ron is a similar build, but younger.  Cousins has access to better care, but De'Ron certainly has our team working hard on his rehab.  Boogie himself believes he'll be back and contributing.  Here's an article that discusses that likelihood.  https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-injury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

2.)  DJ Carton.  I've read that he and his family are going to "enjoy the holiday" before they give interviews.  Given the lack of information trickling out since the visits of last week, it seems a deliberate effort to circle the wagons by the Carton family.  DJ may have a strong feeling right now, and his parents have simply suggested he sleep on it a few nights.  Remember there has been a feeling that this one could wrap up soon.  I'm not making predictions, but it is certainly within the realm of possibilities that the visit went great, he enjoyed his time on campus, and he's chosen to be a Hoosier.  I tend to read into these things too much, but he posted 4 pictures of himself in the IU garb at the Center Court Wall.  It could have been just one.  He looks great, like he's having a good time.  He's the first we've seen in the full warm-ups, too, right?  And did anyone else notice that he mimicked Romeo's commitment picture?  Maaaybe that's no coincidence.  Anyone notice that while Trendon liked DJ's posts at IU and Michigan, TJD only liked his post while at Indiana?  Those two seem to really support each other.  

Screenshot_20180703-094127.png

Screenshot_20180703-094645-1.png

3.)  Archie, man.  In a single year we're the hotness.  Legitimate chances with multiple 5* recruits, and everyone Archie identified early has been a riser in the rankings, not a faller.  Our social media guys are just dominating.  Just compare the pics DJ walked away with after his two visits.  Most of our class keeps their profile pics of them at that Center Court Wall.  

Screenshot_20180703-094150.png

Screenshot_20180703-094201.png

4.)  Evan Fitzner is way shorter than I expected.  

https://twitter.com/PresidentJapple/status/1013557399704260608

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Kinda quiet since the Carton visit, no?  I have observations to share.

1.)  Everyone is losing their minds about the Cousins signing to the Warriors, as if he will absolutely have an impact.  Let's remember, he is recovering from the same injury as our own De'Ron Davis.  Should we also have more faith that he will be contributing soon?  De'Ron is a similar build, but younger.  Cousins has access to better care, but De'Ron certainly has our team working hard on his rehab.  Boogie himself believes he'll be back and contributing.  Here's an article that discusses that likelihood.  https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-injury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

2.)  DJ Carton.  I've read that he and his family are going to "enjoy the holiday" before they give interviews.  Given the lack of information trickling out since the visits of last week, it seems a deliberate effort to circle the wagons by the Carton family.  DJ may have a strong feeling right now, and his parents have simply suggested he sleep on it a few nights.  Remember there has been a feeling that this one could wrap up soon.  I'm not making predictions, but it is certainly within the realm of possibilities that the visit went great, he enjoyed his time on campus, and he's chosen to be a Hoosier.  I tend to read into these things too much, but he posted 4 pictures of himself in the IU garb at the Center Court Wall.  It could have been just one.  He looks great, like he's having a good time.  He's the first we've seen in the full warm-ups, too, right?  And did anyone else notice that he mimicked Romeo's commitment picture?  Maaaybe that's no coincidence.  Anyone notice that while Trendon liked DJ's posts at IU and Michigan, TJD only liked his post while at Indiana?  Those two seem to really support each other.  

Screenshot_20180703-094127.png

Screenshot_20180703-094645-1.png

3.)  Archie, man.  In a single year we're the hotness.  Legitimate chances with multiple 5* recruits, and everyone Archie identified early has been a riser in the rankings, not a faller.  Our social media guys are just dominating.  Just compare the pics DJ walked away with after his two visits.  Most of our class keeps their profile pics of them at that Center Court Wall.  

Screenshot_20180703-094150.png

Screenshot_20180703-094201.png

4.)  Evan Fitzner is way shorter than I expected.  

https://twitter.com/PresidentJapple/status/1013557399704260608

Great post! 

Especially the part about “the now blond Evan Fitzner.

in all seriousness, Jake Forrester is taller than I expected; quite a bit taller than Jerome, Damezi, and Romeo. Considering Jerome had been listed at 6’8” and Jake at 6’9”, either Jake is growing or Jerome is shrinking!

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Great post! 

Especially the part about “the now blond Evan Fitzner.

in all seriousness, Jake Forrester is taller than I expected; quite a bit taller than Jerome, Damezi, and Romeo. Considering Jerome had been listed at 6’8” and Jake at 6’9”, either Jake is growing or Jerome is shrinking!

Honey you shrank my 4 star?