Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

#IUBASE - 2018 NCAA Tournament

Tournaments cause managers to do desperately weird things. Lemonis goes with 2 starters in one game and now A+M manager brings in his closer down 4 in the 6th. 

Just now, VO5 said:

Wow why did he send him there? Wasn’t even close

Good question but TAMU did same thing in last inning. Also this guy is a stud pitching so maybe we thought that was our best chance to get run in. Anyways Sowers grounds out to end top 6 and its 9-5 to bottom half.

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Good question but TAMU did same thing in last inning. Also this guy is a stud pitching so maybe we thought that was our best chance to get run in. Anyways Sowers grounds out to end top 6 and its 9-5 to bottom half.

Second and Third with 1 out or Second with 2 outs.  I don't think there's anything that says go there when the left field is coming up to throw before you round third.  It looked a lot closer because of Lloyd's slide but he was out by quite a bit.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many times are we going to get thrown out doing that before we learn. 

That is how Lemonis coaches. He wants guys to be ultra aggressive and its been consistent for most of the year. Plenty of times I don't agree with it and the Lloyd play looked like it had no chance from the getgo.  but I don't think they are going to change that philosophy. 

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

That is how Lemonis coaches. He wants guys to be ultra aggressive and its been consistent for most of the year. Plenty of times I don't agree with it and the Lloyd play looked like it had no chance from the getgo.  but I don't think they are going to change that philosophy. 

I agree with sticking with a philosophy but if something consistently doesnt work its time to adapt