Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

#IUBASE - 2018 NCAA Tournament

Fineman blasts one barely over the left field wall and its 6-0 to the Bottom of the 8th. This is Fineman's best game in a while as he also has the earlier RBI double. 

IU with an easy 6-0 win. Most importantly Milto was awesome throwing a complete game 4 hit 11 strikeout shutout. Unlike the Big Ten tourney where we would of been out of arms even if we beat Illinois we actually have enough guys fresh to win 3 more games if we are there mentally and compete like we need to. Still have Herrin and Beauchamp for tomorrow and Sommer for Monday if we get that far and all can give you 6 innings when on plus no one out of the bullpen has thrown over 20 pitches so everyone completely fresh.

Texas Southern is the worst team we have faced since Northern Illinois early in season but at least we took care of business and made it to Sunday as we have in each of our last 3 tourney appearances. Our hitting was still off today and to only get 6 runs against this level of pitching is not fantastic but we did what we needed. I am still afraid either Texas or TAMU shellacs us tomorrow but at least we didn't go out in embarrassing fashion today and got a game in this tourney.

Now I am of to do some more hiking at Turkey Run which is by far Indiana's best nature spot (already hiked 6 miles here this morning) and won't be back until late tonight. Will be watching tomorrow at 3pm eastern and TV is TBA but will probably be streamed only on ESPN 3 again.    

Lets do this! Finally at home on my computer and not a weird spot like my work break at room or a crowded game room at a hotel like first two games. First game running over in 8th and only streaming on watchespn.com for now.  

Walker singles and takes 2nd on steal and moves to third on Houston ground out. Runner at 3rd 2 outs and Kaletha up for 2nd time. Game now on ESPN2 with previous game ending.