Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 2018 B1G Tournament

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Hope we're the only Big Ten team in our regional.

We will be. NCAA rules does not allow two teams from same conference to be in same regional.

At least we competed last night and were there mentally which was not the case in the first game against Illinois. This was a tough loss but really with the way we exhausted our pitching first 3 games even if we survived last night PU was going to smoke us today. Whether we lost last night or today we are still a 2 seed in someone else's Regional. In some ways I am relieved I don't have to deal with watching them again today and can go about my plans without having to fit the game in. With that said you always want to win.

Part of me thinks we will go 2 and out in Regional given how we are playing. Whoever, we face in first game will be very much on level of Illinois, OSU or PU who we have struggled against. However, against Non Big Ten teams who are tourney caliber we have looked very good (Coastal Carolina, Louisville, South Alabama ETC). Maybe getting away from Big Ten teams is exactly what doctor ordered as 11 of 17 losses have been against the conference.

I may go to the games next weekend depending on site. I won't go most likely If its out west or is in a place like Oxford or Little Rock that is more than 3 hours away from a non-stop flight out of Indy (I have a boat load of airlines points right now). If we get a site close to a major airport in the south I will definitely consider it.   

5 hours ago, Aaron said:

At least we competed last night and were there mentally which was not the case in the first game against Illinois. This was a tough loss but really with the way we exhausted our pitching first 3 games even if we survived last night PU was going to smoke us today. Whether we lost last night or today we are still a 2 seed in someone else's Regional. In some ways I am relieved I don't have to deal with watching them again today and can go about my plans without having to fit the game in. With that said you always want to win.

Part of me thinks we will go 2 and out in Regional given how we are playing. Whoever, we face in first game will be very much on level of Illinois, OSU or PU who we have struggled against. However, against Non Big Ten teams who are tourney caliber we have looked very good (Coastal Carolina, Louisville, South Alabama ETC). Maybe getting away from Big Ten teams is exactly what doctor ordered as 11 of 17 losses have been against the conference.

I may go to the games next weekend depending on site. I won't go most likely If its out west or is in a place like Oxford or Little Rock that is more than 3 hours away from a non-stop flight out of Indy (I have a boat load of airlines points right now). If we get a site close to a major airport in the south I will definitely consider it.   

Disappointing showing for sure. Expectations were high when we were hovering around 10 or 11 in the country and we kind of fell flat towards the end and it carried over into this tournament. There was fight these last two games which was encouraging and great to see. Just seems like we have the talent to be that team we showed we were early on but just can't find our way now and with the season at its end, its unlikely we rediscover that in time.