Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

QB Hunter Johnson - Northwestern

While Johnson was brought up in the College Football thread, I figured i'd make it's own thread.

Under 30 minutes ago, Matt Weaver published an article on Peegs that the Hoosiers were expected to be in the mix for Johnson.

Before committing to Clemson in 2016, Johnson committed to Tennessee when current Indiana offensive coordinator Mike Debord and QB's coach Nick Sheridan were on the UT staff. 

Weaver says sources tell Peegs that Johnson has developed a very good relationship with the two coaches, and that is one factor working in IU's favor.

Another positive for the Hoosiers listed in the piece is that Indiana strength and conditioning coach David Ballou was the strength coach at Avon HS when Johnson's older brother Cole played for the Orioles. The family reportedly thinks highly of Coach Ballou and the job he did working with their son.

A head coach at an Indiana high school also informed Weaver that Indiana is expected to be squarely in the mix for Johnson whenever he decides to make a decision.

29 minutes ago, KDB said:

While Johnson was brought up in the College Football thread, I figured i'd make it's own thread.

Under 30 minutes ago, Matt Weaver published an article on Peegs that the Hoosiers were expected to be in the mix for Johnson.

Before committing to Clemson in 2016, Johnson committed to Tennessee when current Indiana offensive coordinator Mike Debord and QB's coach Nick Sheridan were on the UT staff. 

Weaver says sources tell Peegs that Johnson has developed a very good relationship with the two coaches, and that is one factor working in IU's favor.

Another positive for the Hoosiers listed in the piece is that Indiana strength and conditioning coach David Ballou was the strength coach at Avon HS when Johnson's older brother Cole played for the Orioles. The family reportedly thinks highly of Coach Ballou and the job he did working with their son.

A head coach at an Indiana high school also informed Weaver that Indiana is expected to be squarely in the mix for Johnson whenever he decides to make a decision.

Josh at Rivals shared similar info. We have a legit shot.

Another positive for us is that our QB roster is less crowded. As of now, we will likely have Ramsey and Penix fighting for the starting job after the 2018 season. Purdue will likely have (at least on scholarship):

• Senior- Elijah Sindelar
  • RS So- Griffin Alstott
  • Rs So- Nick Sipe
  • Rs Fr- Jack Plummer

Northwestern will probably have the starting job open after Clayton Thorson graduates this year (he also tore his ACL at the end of last season so he may not be back in 2018). As far I as can tell, after the 2018 season they will have on their roster:

• RS Fr- Jason Whittaker
  • RS So- Andrew Marty
  • RS Jr- Aidan Smith
  • Sr- TJ Green

Just now, lucel15 said:

He’s not a dual threat kid but tested as the most athletic QB back at the opening when he was in HS. He ran for 700+ yards and ran track at brownsburg. He’s not Dawkins or Jalen hurts but he’s not just a pure pocket passer. 

I played with his brother who was a year younger than me. The kids are athletic as his brother went from QB to walk on to play safety at Northwestern (played safety towards the end of his HS career). 

36 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

I played with his brother who was a year younger than me. The kids are athletic as his brother went from QB to walk on to play safety at Northwestern (played safety towards the end of his HS career). 

I worry his brother put in a good word for Northwestern. Either way someone is getting a good young QB.

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

I worry his brother put in a good word for Northwestern. Either way someone is getting a good young QB.

He is no longer there. He’s actually at Dental school at IU I believe. I just believe NW is in the running from the family ties and if I remember right he did at least take several Unofficial visits to NW while his bro was there. 

7 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Another positive for us is that our QB roster is less crowded. As of now, we will likely have Ramsey and Penix fighting for the starting job after the 2018 season. Purdue will likely have (at least on scholarship):

• Senior- Elijah Sindelar
  • RS So- Griffin Alstott
  • Rs So- Nick Sipe
  • Rs Fr- Jack Plummer

Northwestern will probably have the starting job open after Clayton Thorson graduates this year (he also tore his ACL at the end of last season so he may not be back in 2018). As far I as can tell, after the 2018 season they will have on their roster:

• RS Fr- Jason Whittaker
  • RS So- Andrew Marty
  • RS Jr- Aidan Smith
  • Sr- TJ Green

Alstott transferred and I don’t think Sipe will ever play meaningful minutes. A senior Sindelar will be good and I like Plummer a lot. Will be interesting to see what Hunter does. 

A friend and Clemson graduate said he is a really good player. It’s loaded at QB in tiger town and Sunshine had a couple of TD’s in the spring game. Probably a similar situation that AL had last year where their best QB will be a back up for awhile.

19 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Alstott transferred and I don’t think Sipe will ever play meaningful minutes. A senior Sindelar will be good and I like Plummer a lot. Will be interesting to see what Hunter does. 

Where did Alstott transfer?  I'm not finding anything per Google search.