Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

pumpfake

A look at first year recruiting classes (indystar link)

Worth a read - From Bob Knight to Archie Miller: Examining IU basketball coaches' first full recruiting classes

“What we’d like to do immediately — even before I even think of moving my family here — is get the best freshman group we can find.”

The words above weren't spoken by Archie Miller, or Tom Crean, but Bob Knight, in his first days on the job at IU in 1971. Then, as now, savvy recruiting was the lifeblood of any healthy program."

Question the methodology. Steve Green, Laz, ahlfeld etc were the first class. Maybe they use after a full year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Question the methodology. Steve Green, Laz, ahlfeld etc were the first class. Maybe they use after a full year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yes that is what they used. Crean would have had a couple of walk ons. Archie would have had Al, Justin, and Moore if they didn’t give them a full recruiting cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Inside out baby.
Langford, Anderson and Phinisee will play for the Indiana All-Stars against Kentucky later in June, giving the Hoosiers three future players in the event for the first time since 2012 and just the second time since 1989

Only 2nd time since ‘89. Wow! I’m gonna try to make it to one of those games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app