Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FearMcCracken

More than one year?

Sorry if I missed this in the mega-thread, but wondering if anyone else is reading between the lines and thinking RL is planning to stay for more than one year? The circumstantial evidence is his link to TJD and KB who have been obvious in their desire to play with Romeo, and the fact that he said he thinks this is a "national championship team" - surely he couldn't have meant this year's team, right? He was looking forward to next year, right? 

Projected top 5 pick already. If that holds true, the odds of him staying a second year for the slim chances of winning a national championship and playing with some talented freshman instead of playing with the most talented players in the world in the NBA would seem incredibly low to me. To the point where it wouldn’t even feel worth while discussing so as not to get your hopes even the slightest bit up.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Sorry if I missed this in the mega-thread, but wondering if anyone else is reading between the lines and thinking RL is planning to stay for more than one year? The circumstantial evidence is his link to TJD and KB who have been obvious in their desire to play with Romeo, and the fact that he said he thinks this is a "national championship team" - surely he couldn't have meant this year's team, right? He was looking forward to next year, right? 
No he will be here for one year so enjoy it

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

All depends on what HIS goals are.  Lots of freshmen go.  Not as many are "ready."  He may be.  He is still - like most 18 year olds - a kid. And has the body of a young man.   He can go make money; but can he go play major minutes and contribute?  Not sure.  Any kid as talented as he is can go whenever he wants and get drafted in the top 10 on potential alone, but the NBA is a league of 6'5-6'8" guys who can really play.  Romeo - to use some Pacers examples - is not as quick as Oladipo, not as strong as Lance Stephenson, etc...   

Can he?  Absolutely.  Will he?  Dunno.

Archie’s comments on the commitment tell you all you need to know. Paraphrasing, but, “we’re excited to have him and to help him reach his goal of playing at the next level.” Everyone knows this is a one year deal unless something goes wrong.

Archie’s comments on the commitment tell you all you need to know. Paraphrasing, but, “we’re excited to have him and to help him reach his goal of playing at the next level.” Everyone knows this is a one year deal unless something goes wrong.

We should just be thankful we got him for one year. It's going to be fun and assembly hall will be a red hot ticket.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm fully expecting him to be OAD. If somehow he decided against all odds to stay like Cody or Bridges at MSU, that would be incredible....but I'm not going to count on that.

What are the stats of success for one year players?