Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrimsonCreamer

Two 5 Star Recruits in Same Class?

Was trying to remember the last time IU brought in two 5 star recruits in the same class. In 2004, Mike Davis had Josh Smith and DJ White committed, but Smith went straight to the NBA. Anyone remember the last time we brought in two in the same class? Feeling good about our chances to do so in 2019

Was trying to remember the last time IU brought in two 5 star recruits in the same class. In 2004, Mike Davis had Josh Smith and DJ White committed, but Smith went straight to the NBA. Anyone remember the last time we brought in two in the same class? Feeling good about our chances to do so in 2019

Funderburke and Greg Graham maybe? Jay Edwards Lyndon Jones

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Neil reed and Andrae Patterson were both McDonald’s All-Americans (1994)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I suppose that would be the most recent.  Sheesh, almost 25 years! 

I think the closest we have got since is Vaden and White if I remember correctly? I remember Vaden being a high 4 Star. DJ was obviously a high 5 Star.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Crean landed five five stars in nine seasons. Unacceptable. I am thrilled we are recruiting and finally acting like a blueblood program again. 

It’s really roster management to me and getting what we need. I really don’t care if we ever get 2 5* players in one class with Archie or not as long as he can identify talent and get who he goes after more often than not.

Crean with his bazooka got kids but some just felt so random and not addressing the key deficiencies

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s really roster management to me and getting what we need. I really don’t care if we ever get 2 5* players in one class with Archie or not as long as he can identify talent and get who he goes after more often than not.

Crean with his bazooka got kids but some just felt so random and not addressing the key deficiencies

Bazooka? Crean was dropping bombs, cluster bombs all over the eastern part of the country.

12 minutes ago, BubbleKnuts said:

I've never seen a 4 star burger boy.

I suppose it's all in where you look, but 247 composite has David McCormack and Reggie Perry as 4 stars this year.

Looking back to our last NCAA title, the late, great Darryl Thomas was a McD's All-American, but for some reason, Steve Alford was not. Hard to imagine -- he averaged nearly 38 points a game his senior season at New Castle. ... I have no idea what star ranking they had -- or if those even existed back then (would've been 1983). ... BTW, Freddie Banks was a McD's AA, too. Remember him? Just when it looked as if we had Vegas put away in the 1987 national semis, Freddie started hitting crazy 3's. Made us really sweat that one out. 

FWIW, here's a link to that team. Can you imagine Marshall or Austin Peay getting a burger boy today? Wow. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/highschool/mcdonalds/rosters/1983