Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

btownqb

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Minnesota

Again more patient, more runners but no runs. We've forced 45 pitches by their pitcher last 2 innings after 15 in first 2 but not coming through in critical at bats and Miller looks rusty after being out for so long or he is not completely healthy yet. Not sure which. At end of 4 its still 4-0.

Milto pitching out of pen now and I see why as like Miller looks extremely rusty giving up a walk and HR to start. At least we know he really is getting healthy and should be available in normal role rest of year. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Again more patient, more runners but no runs. We've forced 45 pitches by their pitcher last 2 innings after 15 in first 2 but not coming through in critical at bats and Miller looks rusty after being out for so long or he is not completely healthy yet. Not sure which. At end of 4 its still 4-0.

Maybe they've been reading you on here..? 

Apathy appears to be setting in...

In case anyone was wondering, we just coughed up a 6-3 lead in the 8th inning and are tied headed to the 9th. Assuming this slump eventually ends and we still make the tourney, hopefully there aren't any Big Ten teams in our regional.

This is just unacceptable. Have led all day (while leaving some runners on). We led 6-3 going to 8th than a combination of Krueger and Sabol gave up 3 solo shots who have been our best relievers. Minny lineup is a monster but we will face teams this good in the tourney (assuming we make it) and our best relievers cant give up 3 hr's period. If Lemonis can't fix things and get us out of slumps (yes thats part of coaching) to the point where multiple of our best players are struggling we need a change. 6-6 bottom 9.

Look Glass is going to have a really tough decision on Lemonis. He's got 1 yr after this on his contract and he really has not done enough to be fired but not enough to earn an extension either.

Lemonis is a great recruiter and manages the game decently. The problem is as I have said multiple times his player developement really lacks which is why our execution can be bad at times and same mentally lapses occur over and over again. Its all related.

If Tracy Smith is available and we play our way out of NCAA tourney completely I think it becomes easy and you bring him back.

If we back our way into tourney and lose in Regionals thats one heck of a tough call Glass will have to make.

Since we have zero chance of winning Big Ten or hosting now we just need to focus on playing good baseball and winning the games we can to lock up a tourney spot and beating UK Tues goes a long way. 

5 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Glass doesn’t have the balls to make a change. He kept Crean around for almost a decade in our flagship sport.

This may be different. Just trust me on this. I won't say Glass does have balls since you are right his past has been bad when it comes to reacting to coaches but something tells we could see a faster reaction this time but we also may not and I could be wrong. Lets just see what happens. 

We're in 7th place right now in the Big Ten. SEVENTH.

Why do we struggle so much in conference? Do the other teams have us scouted that well? Can Lemonis just not figure them out? Do they just do the little things that much better than us?