Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

btownqb

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Minnesota

No. 12 Indiana at No. 19 Minnesota | May 4-6 | Minneapolis, Minn.
Series Schedule Coverage Projected Starters
Indiana vs. Minnesota
Friday - 7:35 p.m. ET
Watch Listen | Stats IU - RHP Jonathan Stiever (5-2, 2.62)
UM - RHP Reggie Meyer (4-3, 3.22)
Indiana vs. Minnesota
Saturday - 3 p.m. ET - BTN
Watch Listen | Stats IU - LHP Cam Beauchamp (4-0, 2.48)
UM - RHP Patrick Fredrickson (6-0, 1.61)
Indiana vs. Minnesota
Sunday - 2 p.m. ET - BTN
Watch Listen | Stats IU - LHP Tim Herrin (3-0, 2.92)
UM - TBA

I like the later start time today, I can get some more stuff done after school lets out. Biggest series of the year. Hope those bats stay hot from Sunday, bullpen is full rested after reeling all of last week.  

Their field dimensions are 330' down the lines (just like ours), gaps are the same, and 390' in center (ours is 400'). The long ball will be in play assuming the wind is cooperating. They have field turf as well. 

Miller back in lineup as DH batting 7th. Ashley stays at 3rd base and Houston at short. Walker to bench. We'll see about Milto tomorrow but not promising. Also camera work much worse as just a single camera behind plate instead of normal multi camera btn2go broadcast. Glad rest of series on BTN on TV.

Gave up a run in first but very lucky it wasn't more. Stiever lead off walk, than a bunt and Stiever threw to 2nd and barely got the lead runner, than Minny got a double off the wall that barely missed being a HR by inches to put runners at 2nd and 3rd, RBI ground out got the run before inning ended with K. 1-0 Minny after 1.

Really can't see anything beyond infield on broadcast depending on how fast camera moves up and around which varies by batter. Very glad our broadcasts at home are not this low quality. Fortunately they have an announcer for the balls that are beyond the camera's view but feels amateurish and hard to watch in this setup. 

IU tied it on a Lloyd HR in 4th to right that announcer said was absolutely crushed but I really could not see the flight given the less than stellar camera work. It's 1-1 now to Bottom 5th.

Stiever blew up in 5th. Gave up a single to right that was misplayed and runner went to 2nd on fielding error, than gave up a run on a double and another on a single scored a 2nd. Error or no error 2 runs were coming in that inning as the single would of scored 2 without it. 3-1 after 5.

We took impatience at plate to a whole new level tonight as their starter had under 80 pitches going to 9th before he walked a couple guys and was replaced by the bullpen to finish game. We had 4 hits all night. Stiever was OK but not special giving up 4 runs in 7+ but certainly don't pin this on him as unlike last week offense never gave him a lead or chance. Only good news is he ate innings and we only used 2 guys tonight (Stiever, Saalfrank) like Minny so bullpen is in pretty good shape. Also we didn't play well but this was not one of the lost 50-50 games I always mention and was in the third you were gonna lose no matter what. When we look back on season this is not a game were gonna say got away and held us back.

Need offense to wake up this weekend and take last 2 games but in bad position tomorrow with their best pitcher going and Beauchamp projected for us right now. Its baseball so you never know but not loving chances unless Milto pitches surprisingly at last minute.

RPI site is all messed up right now so not sure what happened there but I am guessing loss hurt us very little.

Officially no Milto so either he had a set back this week or IU is not being entirely forthcoming about severity and I'd believe either given recent trends. Not loving our chances with Beauchamp vs. their best pitcher but hoping for best. Game on TV on BTN.  

Awful patience again. We forced 7 pitches and hit 3 ground ball outs in top 1st. This is why I get frustrated with Lemonis at times in that he seems to have a problem fixing issues that keep re-occurring. I was taught when teams are this impatient and struggling you require a team to take first 2 pitches no matter what but we grounded out on first and second pitch of at bat with Lloyd and Sowers.

To bottom 1.

No chance today. I was afraid of this given pitching matchup as Beauchamp has not faced a lineup this good. Minnesota opens with singe and double and has 2nd and 3rd no outs in 1st.

Beuachamp gets a groundout that holds runners and a strikeout but then Minnesota patiently works an 11 pitch at bat that turns into a ground rule double down right field line and another double off the left field wall follows.

Also even if Beauchamp got out of it he would of been close to 20 pitches which would of been huge later since Minny worked counts. Lemonis please teach patience. Its killing us. It's 3-0 after 1 and given who were facing on mound and our ability to hit right now I'm skeptical we can get the 3 back we even need to tie.

2 more ground ball outs and a strikeout. We've forced 15 pitches through 2 innings after just barely 80 last night for their starter through 8+. We are struggling because we are not patient and no one seems to want to fix it.

By the way their park after renovations a few yrs ago looks very similar to ours in a lot of ways.

Finally some baserunners on a leadoff hit and walk. Nice bunt over by Houston. Than Kaletha worked a 3-0 count with patience before taking 2 and striking out on a nasty inside pitch but worked at bat patiently and correctly and was just overpowered. Lloyd than flew out to track and just missed HR. Felt a Murphy's law inning but if we approach at bats like that more often we have a much better chance of breaking out of offensive slump. Still 3-0 to bottom 3. That inning is also example of why you didn't want to fall behind on scoreboard against this type of pitcher.

Minny works small ball to perfection with an assist from us. Leadoff single than stole second, move to third on ground out and scored on a wild pitch. That takes a page out of our Lemo ball that's worked so well all year but not really lately with the offensive struggles. To 4th.